R26 Stuttering

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by DarkPand0r, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Hi guys,

My R26 has been misbehaving recently....

The car is normally sat all week and only gets driven at weekends. A few weeks ago while pulling off my road on a very cold evening, Barely on throttle at low revs the car stuttered for a second, Followed by a poor of white smoke... It was worrying but I put it down the the cold running...

It happened again the other day, Car had only been running a few minutes so was still reasonably cold, Low revs and accelerating slowly at just under 2k revs.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. See if it does it when it's warm, if not I'd just put it down to the cold start.

3. Only does it when it's cold or starting to warm up and only does it once...

4. Mine does the same. In fact , most RS models seem to despise the cold. My old twingo 133 was a kangaroo when cold !

5. My mates 182 is the same, I let mine run for a good minuite when it's cold mind you it does help when it's in my garage with its cover on

6. Most renaultsport F4R and F4RT engines run a bit rough when cold

7. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Yeh mines a dog when cold mainly due to mapping and associated changes but I wouldn't worry if it's just on cold and once.

8. my renault tech mate said its a wonder it can fire at all on idle,the way renault set it up!My R26 is horrible when cold,and even more so the longer its been left

9. Mines standard and kangaroos when it's cold for a few minutes!

10. It is normal situation. We wrote about it several times here. I even went to Renault with my car to sort it out :-)