R26 Steering Column - Compatibility

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by moleamol, Jan 25, 2017.

1. I have a 2008 R26 and on Sunday after a long drive I stopped at a supermarket for about 5 minutes, I got back in started the car, got a 'STEERING FAULT' message along with 'STOP' and the TC light on. I've checked the fuses, charged the battery and it's exactly the same. So I can now only assume the motor has actually gone.

Are they all different or will one with a art number from a 1.6 to 2.0 do the same thing and it's the ECU that's different? I'm not paying Renault prices as it's not long had the turbo rebuilt, new clutch, new DMF, new belts, new gaskets etc etc. So, will it work? Does anybody know where there is a genuine one for sale? Can anybody recommend a lake I can dump it in?

2. Bump for the evening crew.

3. This not the answer to your question, but check facebook, there is allways some rs being broken for parts

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

4. I would have it checked first as I could just be the steering angle sensor. Also I've seen a few do this when the battery is on the way out. If you are near me I would plug it in & check it out for you. I'm in dn16 post code.
    Lee

5. Cheers chaps. I'm tempted to just let it go now. I have the column but not the time. If someone would give me 4.5k they could have it.