R26.R short shift

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Steve1, May 14, 2016.

1. This is a standard shift actuator from my R26.R I case anyone wants the part number
    B9D2F947-5CE4-49D7-9327-27D3D0579D5B_1.jpg

2. 8CB37F61-FD0E-42F6-A29F-BBBEB38E02BB.jpg

3. Taken out to loosen up the nylon bush as when it gets hot it stops self centreing , all sorted and put back together , cheers Dan

4. How easy is this job Steve as my bush is tightening up, pardon the pun lol.

5. Easy job mate, once it was out I just ran a round file and an 8mm drill bit down it, job done

6. You had an oil leak or something Steve?

7. NJH

NJH

Are these compatible with the R26? I read some old threads on the net saying the part couldn't be used on an R26 which I found odd as I thought the boxes were the same?

8. The boxes are all the same. You cabot interghange ph1 vs ph2 meganes.. All the ph2 are interchangable.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

9. Nope no oil leak, it was sprayed with W/D 40

10. I've just put the part number on I case someone was interested, most do the short shift to their own linkage

NJH and MilosB like this.
  11. Hi Guys,

How do i remove this nylon bush, as the axle going through the bush is not a bolt that you can simply remove.

Regards,

Pete

12. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

is it held with a circlip? @Boardy

13. No mate, it's just a star lock clip.
    You can't actually remove the bush that stays in place, just pull the shaft out that pivots within it.
    [​IMG]
    That's where the clip is located, just leaver it off with a screwdriver, just watch it doesn't ping off when you do!
    Then as Ste says just open the bush out a little, I have found that a rolled up piece of emery paper has been enough, give the shaft a rub down too and chuck a little grease on it and it should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Thanks guys. I decided to pull the complete selector out for easier acces. Filed out the hole in the nylon and regreased. Feels like new

This afternoon I will reinstall and do a little testing