R26.R seat swap?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by edtex, Apr 1, 2021.

1. hello. am new to the forum.
    i recently got an R26R which am really enjoying apart from the seats. after about 40 mins my a** goes numb and the seat belt harness is uncomfortable in the groin. trying to work out what my options are. i searched here and google but couldn't see this covered. apologies if this has been discussed before, but trying to work out how best to solve as i plan on a long trip around europe in it.

i figured the easiest thing was to swap the seats out but really reluctant to change anything. annoyingly i have an rs200 clio for the school run and the seats are excellent in it.
    aside from the narrowness of the carbon fibre seats in the megane, is this a known problem with known solutions!!!?

thanks in advance
    matthew

2. Best bet would probably be to source a pair of recaro trend lines with frames from an r26 and swap them over.

edtex likes this.
  3. thanks a lot.

4. You can add more cushioning to get them more comfortable but the width will likely need a different seat

5. I guess you could go with any of the seats. Just the regular ones would be pretty cheap. Plus side is you would not be wearing the buckets.

Interesting when you look at mk1 TT the 240 bhp S one. They should come with colour coded buckets but you se plenty for sale with comfort option.