R26.R, no.52

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Liver, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Renault quoted me £1800 to replace the bonnet and decals and offered a 60 % contribution but would only offer a 12 month guarantee. Didn't really want to spend £720 on something that's going to look the same in a couple of years. I'm going to get a bonnet off Angel at Cazan.

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

3. It will be interesting to see what they come back with, ive heard of Renault telling people they're getting nothing, heard them offer a contribution and then also heard of bonnets been fully replaced as well. Think it just depends which way the winds blowing when they open the email lol

4. Got a couple of Pilot Sport 3 tyres fit to my black wheels and those back on yesterday for a few months

I now also need 4 new AD08's for the red wheels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

which do people prefer red or black??

[​IMG]

5. Red:cool:

6. Red. Every time.

7. Nmp

Nmp

Black, ties in nice with the bonnet.

8. Both look great, black for road, red for track! :cool:

9. Both colours look great.
    Ive always really like the Red and they're a must have but for some reason I now think the black wheels look better...I must be getting old !!!

10. Also makes a difference if you are a loyal, long term customer I think. The fact that I wouldn't even trust Renault to wash my car probably didn't help my case.

And red for the wheels :cool:

11. I'd go for the Cazan one as well, looks top quality, although mine is still good, can't really see any clouding at the moment, which is nice.I certainly wouldn't part with 700 to Renault and have the same issue a few months/years down the line.

12. Mine will be going in for the warranty call soon

13. Perhaps Cazan can do us a group buy.:wink:

14. Unless your the 1st owner and have full Renault service history you've got no chance in getting a new bonnet

15. I am the 1st owner. I have a full Renault history.......

16. then you stand a very good chance then Kev

17. Here's hoping. Whats the Cazan bonnet like?

18. Still not heard anything from Renault about the bonnet. I'll be dropping them a line to remind them

so this got booked at the weekend

[​IMG]

May day bank holiday weekend, 3 days at the ring followed by an open pit track day at Spa on the way home
    can't wait, should be an awesome trip

19. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Can I have a passenger lap around the ring? I'll be there at the same time.

20. I've just booked spa on my bike later in the year along with portimao & mugello.
    Lee

21. yeah, just keep an eye out for me in the car park, always good to chat and meet new people

I bet spa is something else on a bike

22. lol, I'm there on 2nd and 3rd of May this year too.

23. will keep an eye out for you

24. few of going on 15th April with goldbrick, my favourite track : )

25. So Renault UK finally got back to me about the bonnet

They will offer to pay 50% on new bonnet and stickers

I let the women know I was not best pleased with this

26. I'll also be at the Nurburgring about that time in my Megane, so I'll look out for you all.

27. So where is the consistency. You 50%, me 60%. Either way it's a piss take. I reckon it's so you don't bother as you'll be ringing them up again in 12 months :wink:

28. yeah will do the same

Not a clue, she said it comes down to loyalty, mileage and age of the car. She said its two years out of warranty now, but I put a heat cover underneath to help defeat the heat, maybe I shouldn't have done that as I feel it did help and prolong it.

Missed a call from my dealer yesterday so will see what they have to say

29. There is no consistency because it's all bullshit. They know the bonnets are not fit for purpose but won't admit it. I was reliably informed by a certain person high up at Renault that the replacement bonnets were from a different supplier, yet after 12 months they are suffering from the same problem.

Save your money mate and buy one from Angel. :smiley:

30. I second this :cool:

31. How much are they from angel, you got any good pictures please

32. This is a full carbon one that we sent to Japan, it got there in one beautiful piece.

Both the full carbon version and the version with the black fiberglass back feature this same top section that is full high temp pre-reg with a lightweight Nomex honeycomb core.

As you can see the fit is bang on and OEM.

I can do the Carbon/fiberglass ones for £539 delivered or the Full Carbon one for £875 delivered.

Weve never had one go yellow or milky as they use correct materials for the job.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same carbon but on a Clio

[​IMG]

33. Their bang on mate think I'd go for the £539 one and keep the Oem one tucked away

34. Ring and Spa trip 2015

Heading to the ring on Friday for 4 days then got a track day booked at Spa on Tuesday.

Been getting the car ready which ahs consisted of the following, a lot of just just routine maintenance;

New Ad08 tyres all round
    Cleaned and paintwork stripped of all contaminents
    Car is to be cleaned and waxed the day before I go also

Mechanical
    Cambelt & Water pump
    Full Service
    Brake Fluid change
    Gearbox fluid change
    New Rear discs and pads
    New exhaust mount
    General check over the car

Brilliant service and price again from RS Tuning, couldn't recommend them enough

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

35. Great pics, I just love Lunar Grey and think it's one of the rare colours that can carry black wheels, which can look terrible in a lot of machines. Nice sounding mods too. I'm with you on them improving an already top draw car, providing it's not been done by driving through Halfords with a Magnet

www.car-addict.co.uk

36. Seen your car in there when my 250 was being decatted & remapped. Is that the Cazan front discs fitted? Also at the `Ring` from Thursday thru till Monday.

37. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

See you both at the weekend!

38. O.k. Weather is looking shite for Sunday.

39. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Good job I'm not in the Elise then.