R26.R, no.52

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Liver, Oct 4, 2013.

1. No major updates on this really, just some pics and recent purchases

The car is great for weekends away lol

[​IMG][/URL]

some pics from playing around with the go pro

[​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]

bought some of the ring pics from my last trip as I want some canvases for my office

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

one of my old golf as well, great car this

[​IMG][/URL]

and heres the latest purchase as well as a rear bulb lol

[​IMG][/URL]

2. Love the mirror caps, where are they from

3. streamline i assume, i've got them on mine : )

4. where did you get the camera mount with the 4 arms from? i've been after something like that for my iPhone.(the one mounted to the top of the roll cage )

5. Yeh same here Martin good idea they are . Let me know if you find out mate

6. ...

7. The mirror caps are from a member on here that have never been fit, they were originally streamline ones.

The mount was a RAM mount that I spec'd myself from their parts catalogue, was about £60 by the time I was finished I think

It is an iPhone bike mount then spec'd roll cage mounts and different arms etc. Don't really need it now ive got the go pro

8. If you want to sell it send me a PM Please

9. Pm me first not Steve : )

10. Decide to keep the mount thinking about it, can get videos from both ways then etc

here is a picture that shows the product numbers of what builds this mount up

[​IMG]

makes go pro mounts look cheap haha

11. Quick update

The mirror caps have been fitted and a quick winter clean was done while I was off work.

I've got the black wheels cleaned and sealed ready to go on but I need two tyres for them, hopefully get them sorted and on this weekend.

The red wheels need 3 tyres so will just get 4 new AD08's.

The car passed its MOT just before Christmas and taxed at the end of December.

Its in Renault today for a few things, mainly new door wiring looms and window regulators, thank fully Renault are making a large contribution to the cost of this for me.

They are also looking at my front lower grill that doesn't sit right, the carbon bonnet issue where the lacquer/gel coat is separating away from the carbon due to the heat, that's been photographed and sent off to Renault HQ for assessment.

Finally, water in the door pockets, they have got back to me about this and that's due to the speakers that have been put in the car, water is running through the door onto the speaker and then into the door card so that needs addressing also

Finally, insurance is due at the end of the month lol

quick pic to make it all better

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Got a lot of love for this In Lunar, Best colour IMO

13. Wing mirror covers look great! Tempted by a set of them :smile:

14. Can you keep me updated on the lacquer. Mine is the same.

15. Mine has been away since last sept and I keep forgetting I still have it. it looks like yours so a nice reminder.

I went for ad08r tyres, very impressed with them.

16. Wing mirror caps look amazing. Really nice. I need a new wing mirror housing first.

17. Just about to put Michelin Supersports and Pilot Cup 2's on mine. Will report back

18. cheers

cheers, im not going to lie, I thought the fitment would be better, its not the best but I am very picky with everything car related

I will do, the images are being sent today, they have priced up a new bonnet and stickers etc for me, just need to wait for a response.

I'll be putting AD08 tyres on the red wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on the black wheels

cheers

Great tyre choice

I have to say that Wakefield Renault were really helpful, I always try and avoid main dealerships and have had previous problems with Wakefield before but I was dealt with by an Adam Vickers and I couldn't recommend him highly enough

Really helpful and couldn't have done anymore for me. Great service

19. Is that who has the claim in. Mind if I call him?

Kevin

20. Any close up pics of the fitment of the mirror caps? Were they bond on?

21. Looks fantastic, also one of my favourite colours, would have loved to see lunar as a colour option for the new Trophy R....

I'm also interested in the mirror caps, been looking at these for my 250, any pics and more info on fitting would be appreciated.

22. i've got the carbon mirror caps on mine, the fit isn't the the best and i've had to have them re lacquered a few times as they seem prone to stone chips etc. They are bonded on.

23. For the hassle with the fit and finish I think I'd rather have a set carbon dipped, also miles cheaper

24. All Renault have done at the minute is issue pictures, he's agreed that its not correct but its all down to Renault Customer Support.

I'll get you a few pictures, These ones were not bonded on and had all the fittings tabs just like the standard mirror housings

I'll get some pics up over the weekend

Yeah I was actually a little disappointed but ive got used to it now, i'll keep an eye on the lacquering cheers

genuine carbon is sexy though

25. Thanks for the feedback on the mirror caps guys, the hassle of fitting/getting them bonded on etc. is what has put me off so far.

I've had my engine cover and battery cover carbon dipped and the finish is OK, but as Liver says, genuine carbon is sexy :cool:

26. Would you tell the difference from a couple of feet away, not sure how much carbon is but I'd expect them to fit perfect

27. need a bit of packing out in a few place to get them to sit nicely, they do look good, and the weight saving is worth the hassle Steve:rolleyes:

28. You're right Steve, for what the Streamline mirror caps cost, they should be a perfect fit!

I may well give the carbon dipping a go, it's pretty cheap to do and my mirrors have a few chips etc.

29. heres the closest picture ive got on my phone for now

[​IMG]

from what I can remember theres a slight over hand on the bottom and top, the bottoms worse

30. Cheers Liver, they do look good on the car....

31. if you look to the left of the mirror cap, you can see its in line at the top then starts to taper out towards the bottom of the edge

just little bits like that that aren't 100%

Im very picky when it comes to fitment and details so it messed with my OCD at first lol

32. OMG, I could not live with that lol, I'll give you a tenner for them

33. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Streamline stuff isn't all that IMO, Especially for what they charge!

I have the carbon diamonds on mine and the lacquer started peeling after a month or two, Looks proper shite at the moment but ill get the re done when the weather improves.

34. painting and lacquering isn't a problem for myself tbh

I have a very good friend who owns a body shop and always looks after me very well, I do get him a lot of business that pays for my work though usually

35. My mirrors & pillar trims from streamline have been fine, but the rear badge and side bullets are peeling.

36. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

When you take it the price of what you pay for their products it shouldn't happen. I would understand if they were only 20 odd quid or whatever

37. They should re-do them for free surely

38. 55squid to have streamline re do em:mad: 20 from the local bodyshop.

39. Should be done for free for what they charge , that's a joke , how do they gat away with it.