R26.R needs a 5 year service. Any idea what needs to be done?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by RedSquareImages, Jun 10, 2014.

1. The R26.R turns 5 next month and I am trying to figure out what service it needs. Can anyone help? Its an 09. Does anyone know if it needs its belts done?

Kev

2. Thanks for that but it doesn't tell me when Renault recommend the belts are changed?

3. 5years or 60k iirc

4. Thanks.

5. The attachment from KTEC suggests 6 years or 72K. I think earlier car service manuals quoted 5 yrs or 60K and this was then revised later to 6 yr or 72K.

Having said that you could just get it done for piece of mind.

6. Like UBR26 says, it was 5 years or 60k, Renault then revised this to 6 years or 75k. It will need new belts, water pump and coolant, plus the usual service.

7. 6 years for belts but had mine done just before 5, done with the whole kit by mark black

8. Wests In Bedford want 1200 quid!!!!

9. Noooooo don't pay that! .... Mark black did mine for 400 use genuine Renault parts!!!

10. Mick @ diamond motors? Fred @ BTM ?

11. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

Belts are a yes and depending on previous history will dictate what else gets done.

I'd recommend oil, filter, air filter, cabin filter and possibly brake fluid to.

12. lol you lot on here dont have a clue. i suspect its on 6 years or 90k as they used to be 72k/5years.
    i can check if you pm me the reg. id do the same as mick says service wise

13. 90k is too high that has never ever been mentioned before.

14. well you lot were on 45 and 60k when renault has always been 72k

15. So where do 90 come from then

16. R26

R26

It's 72k 6 years in my book, also mentions to reduce the age limit depending on the type of usage.

17. Correct most renaults are now 96k/6yrs.
    The late r26/.r is 72k/6yrs
    So they have just extended the year