Sponsored By:  

R26 - Prone to brake fade on track?

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by Frimley111R, Mar 16, 2017.

1. I've got a new R26 and it has std brakes on it. I can change the front pads first for track or the brake lines to braided hoses. What would be your first choice?

2. Fluid, pads, lines in that order I'd say.

BIG E likes this.
  3. lines wont do a great deal..high quality fluid flush,then for me its Carbotech xp8/10.
    Had them on my car for years..mega bite,zero fade with extreme abuse.

Will give you a nice stiff pedal right at the top..i remember being shocked how good the brakes where with a full fluid flush and new xp8`s.

4. Get yourself some motul brake fluid, a decent set of pads, then do lines at a later date

Frimley111R likes this.
  5. Ok, thanks. I have the fluid already so will just decide on some uprated pads (loads to choose from but the DS1.11s on my old RS265 were pretty epic). Do you/people usually just change the fronts?

I was in another R26 with CL pads and knackered rear pads and even then the brakes were 'launch you through the windscreen' strong!

6. Agreed with all above, I've actually. Ever really felt any difference in braided lines ever! And that's on a few cars

7. Mine faded badly jus driving around the peaks. Standard fluid, braided lines and mintex M1144 pads.
    Have since changed the fluid to motul and pads to PF z rated. Seems a lot better but not really tested them properly yet.

8. you 100% feel the difference on the Ep3 civic

9. pedal is firm anyhow without braided lines.
    I put yellow stuff pads in the back of mine,and they are crap.
    .Droning like standards did,after a few 100mph+ stops,as well as chewing up the disks...did the same thing on the front of my puma..rubbish.

Was going to put DS2500 in the back next..nothing to extreme,as most of my driving is on the road.

10. Just fitted new discs and pads all round with DS2500 fantastic braking ! Took on at silverstone track the other day and performed welll but it was a wet track so wasn't going full beans as you would on a dry track.

11. m

12. Yeah mate just change the fronts, the rears dont reslly do much

Frimley111R likes this.
  13. IMO the fluid change first (make sure the clutch gets bled properly!), Braided lines on track (natch), Performance Friction are good option for mainly road and occasional track and for full on track then ENDLESS are expensive but unbeatable overall imo for performance / price ratio. I use standard plain discs with ENDLESS pads and the standard Renault OEM discs for Performance Friction. .....

14. Went for CL pads RC6 Compound in the end. Lots of options, all of which would have been great i think but at some point i had to choose and having driven an R26 with these which were amazing I've been shopping to KTEC. I've got uprate brake fulid already so this should be good.

15. Fitting pads and fluid tomorrow. I assume disks are fine?

16. They look Ok from here......