R26 Owner "And I Love It"

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by danmc_82, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Have always loved the Megane R26 but my little C2 VTS has done me well over the years.

It took me a good few months to find the perfect one. Has everything I could ask for.

See what you think...

Inkeds-l1600_LI.jpg Inkeds-l1601_LI.jpg Inkeds-l1605_LI.jpg Inkeds-l1604_LI.jpg s-l1603.jpg

2. Stunning. Had a stormtrooper spec one from 9 months old.

Such a great car. Stand out in terms of design and looks too.

danmc_82 likes this.
  3. Thanks, it's had quite a few upgrades and is running at 282bhp.
    Has done just under 54k miles as well.
    Had it just under a week and it's a pleasure to drive.

4. Looks mint, you don’t see many in white. 282 is healthy, any supporting mods to get it there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danmc_82 likes this.
  5. IMO White is the best colour, closely followed by Blue so I was very lucky to find it.

So a little history... The car was owned by a company called "JR Fabrications" and used as a demo car for their exhaust systems. The exhaust on this is a £5k one off turbo back which sounds amazing.
    Then it was apparently bought by a collector and kept in storage for a few years.

Under the hood it's got....

630cc Injectors
    Forge Silicone Hoses
    Forge Hard Pipe Kit
    ITG Induction Kit Re-Located to the front
    Air Tech Intercooler
    KTec Race Recirc Valve
    Short Shifter.

Also has an R26R spoiler and Ebaich Suspension.

Maybe some other stuff I've forgotten about lol.

Bob Thompson likes this.
  6. :fearscream: What’s it made from titanium or inconel?

And a sound clip would be good:wink:

Bob Thompson likes this.
  7. No idea mate :confused: I may contact the company to see if there's any more details about it.

I'll try and upload a sound clip later on as at work at the moment.

8. Exactly my thoughts! Cost more than my R26!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. £5000?! I don't think so. Who made up that story?

10. The guy I bought the car off showed me the add in which he bought the car. It does say it but whether its true or not I cant be 100% sure.
    I've emailed the company for some more info but I havent had a response yet.

11. Does seem pricey. Seems a little long to with tips sticking out? Wheelbarrow.

I would be paranoid that been if I had a little bump the exhaust would take the knock rather than the bumper.

Great mileage and looks stunning condition. What is the history like? People can skip cambelts in low miles.

12. Yeh they do stick out a bit, but I think they look good :grinning:
    Belt was done in 2018 at 48k miles, so 6k miles and 3 years ago so not too bad.

Hasn't had a full service since 2019 so will be doing that this year. Has had one every year to date bar 2 years.

13. There are a couple of niggles though which Id like to sort out.

• There are two little rips in the leather on the drivers seat. Looked at those repair kits. Any good?
    • Some little holes in the cloth which covers the door cards on the drivers side. I assume this will need a complete change?
    • Steering wheel - A little worn and I'm not keen on the style at all, so ordred a Cleo Mk3 wheel to replace.
    Apart from that, it seems spot on.

14. The kind people at JR Fabrications have emailed me back regarding the exhaust but the forum wont let me upload any images. Keeps saying "There was a problem uploading your file".

What formats are aloud on this forum? I've even tried my original pictures but nothing works.

15. my full 3"titanium system probably cost the previous owner of it 3K from CGR.Would have to be full titanium or inconel for sure.

16. plK0nCQ.jpg

danmc_82 likes this.
  17. Its not, its 304 Stainless throughout they said.

18. use a program like IMGUR to upload images to,then use the message board and forums, copy/paste feature of the program ,to link them to posts..

19. no way then mate..unless they are including all there development costs..mine wouldnt cost that,even with the inconel downpipe,and being the lightest titanium R26 exhaust in the world at 8kg.

20. I think thats why, includes the development costs

21. fair enough...it will still be a fine system..3" all the way through or 2.75?..is it decatted or sports cat or cat back exhaust?

22. 3" all the way through decat turbo back. Thats a mouth full lol.

Did the link work above?

23. no..you need a program like IMGUR...its very simple then..
    i bet that systems loud..mines fair,even with the cat inplace..

24. no sorry..it is there..

25. If someone paid £5,000 for an exhaust then they need better money management skills. We all spend money on cars, but that amount for a Megane is unbelievable.
    It doesn't matter what development went into the exhaust, the performance gain is not worth that amount. And weight saving, the irony is, folk save more weight loosing a few kg themselves.

Anyhoo, welcome. Motor looks nice

danmc_82 likes this.
  26. Yeh I agree. Maybe the guy had money to spare, who knows. At least it wasn't my money lol

andrewjeffs and Mr Spoon like this.
  27. thats actually a very good point..buy a titanium exhaust,or stay off the mcdonalds to go faster!

28. I would say more...stay off the McDonalds anyway!!:tonguewink:

ianplymouth likes this.
  29. It's crazy in the bike world.... Spending thousands for extra power, lower weight, but yet the 18st fifty year old doesn't realise his bike would go much quicker if he shed 6st.

Cars just worse. I'm all for taking a few hundred kilos out of a car, but 20kilo.... We are talking tiny fraction in performance gains, racing yes I get it. Track days, lose weight and learn to drive better.

30. I wish there was an option for the R26 to loose a large amount of weight without having to take the rear seats out.

I like the look of the carbon hood but its very expensive and only looses a few kg's in weight.

31. Pretty sure you can get fibreglass ones from somewhere and you can definitely get fibreglass tailgates, have one on my mates track car.

More depends how extreme you want to go with the weight loss really, loads of options available.
    Bucket seats are way lighter than stock, Perspex rear and side windows, rear wiper removal, stereo and speakers, air con, lighter wheels, smf saves 5kg of rotating mass, sound deadening, carpet etc etc.

Problem is everything you remove in weight is a compromise somewhere else a lot of the time :pensive:

danmc_82 likes this.
  32. Agreed. I like the modern day luxurys so I guess we cant have it both ways. No spare wheel in mine to remove either.

TBH they dont weigh much anyway so I guess were lucky in that aspect.