R26 milltek exhaust troubles

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by jason atkinson, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Hey guys. Can anyone shed any light on a on running problem i have since ive had a milltek exhaust fitted. I can not for the death of me get the back box to sit properly the passenger side exhaust tip is so close to touching the bumper!. I've had all brand new exhaust mounts fitted with no joy. I have heard about people fitting sockets? But i have no idea where to start with this... any photos or information would be brilliant.
    Thanks for reading.
    Hope this picture may help to show you all.
    [​IMG]

2. Daz

Daz

Surely it just needs rotating slightly?

3. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

I am in the middle of fitting my new exhaust, it looks like there is a small amount of adjustment to be had on the rear left and right hangers, but you will have to loosen the rear pipe clamp.

4. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

are you using the milltek mount on the drivers side?

5. ianplymouth

Hi Matt
    Is that aimed at me ????

I am fitting a Scorpion on mine, it was a gift from a great friend.
    I need to get my bumper back on to start the lining up process.

6. matt e

no ian was for the OP

7. I think i may have to try loosen the rear clamp.... i've had to replace the passenger rear exhaust mount for the 2nd time.. seems all the weight stretched the life out of the rubber mounting. Yes im using the milltek clamp on the drivers side also.

8. ianplymouth

loosen the rear pipe clamp, lift a bit of the weight off of the passenger side mounting, tighten up the clamp (but not fully) and check the alignment and twist until you are happy with your hard work

9. Cheers for that and the info from you all :smile:. i'll definitely get it on the ramp tomorrow morning and give this a go.

10. ianplymouth

Keep us posted Jason

11. Anyone know the diameter of those tailpipes

12. matt e

3"

13. MBC

MBC

Mine has done that too! I haven't got round to checking why yet though!