r26 gearbox

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by rhinodan, May 27, 2014.

1. Hey guys quick question, would the r26 gearbox bolt straight onto my f1 team? the diff is built into the gear box right? would it make the car put the power to the road?

2. Straight fit.

3. is that a cheaper option to get a diff on my car?

4. Yes more grip out of corners for sure, that's what a diff does , you can feel it pulling you into the corner/apex

5. Definitely the cheapest way to get a LSD on the car with not to much fuss, to buy just a LSD on its own think your looking at 600+ but the down side is if you buy an R26 gearbox and its had it.

6. do you have one on yours mate?

7. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Another thing that's on my "To do list" lol.

8. No, not yet, will get one when iv got the stage 2 done so will be round November, will prob go for an atlas diff.

9. ive got 277 bhp and car spins every time, even driving in 4th gear if i put my foot down? will it still do this with a diff fitted?

10. Mine is stage I so ~260bhp and it only spins in first and second, in the wet.

11. My r26 is 260 also and only seems to spin in 2nd in the wet as well used to spin occasionally in the wet in third with my old tyres but not anymore in the dry I don't think i it will spin in second

12. Oh maybe I'll have to take a chance would just a box do or are drive shafts any different?