R26 fuel setup? forged

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Thatgt3, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Hi guys new to the megane R26.
    I have a forged R26 wossner pistons / pec rods and a bit of head work. It is running a hybrid turbo. Im running 300hp at the moment and was looking to up the boost. From what i understand fuelling is my limitation. What is the best way to upgrade without using a swirl pot. From what i understand this involves megane 250 parts?
    Also what would be my power limitations with this fuel setup? Thank you

2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

A 250 fuel rail
    5 bar regulator in the fuel tank and a 225 fuel sender unit.
    better fuel pump i used a DW65c
    a port put in the intake manifold for the raising rate valve.

This setup on my 265 with 630 injectors would give 450hp (with the right turbo), pump is good for over 500hp, its the 630's that are the limiting factor on this setup.
    I have this setup on my R26 but with 250 injectors and with a standard turbo this gave me 310hp and 365ftlb torque.

3. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

You should be able to get 320/330bhp with your spec. My forged R26 with hybrid turbo is 330bhp and 360lbft.

Ian, what’s the difference between a 225 and R26 sender unit?

4. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

The fuel pressure regulator is a lot smaller in the R26 or in mine it was, i couldn't find anything that would fit in mine so bought a 225 one as i did exactly that in my 225.

TimR26 likes this.
  5. Thank you for your reply guys.