R26 black 87k £4795

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Mark B, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Thought you had sold it

Ignore lol

2. I'd arranged to sell to the dealer a few weeks ago. He had some extra work done to the 330ci which I bought.
    Lots of R26 megane up for sale at £5.5k and over. None of them actually selling as far as I can see.

3. They seemed a hard car to sell but done still command good money. For good reason I'm sure.

Think it's the fact the 250 are getting closer to the 7 ISH mark .

I'm tempted by the 250 but can't really justify the purchase

Anyways. That looks a nice car .

4. Any issues with it?
    What’s the general condition?

I’m down in Kent and it’s a long way to Birmingham.

Thanks

5. No issues with it at all. I did my usual thing which was fix everything, spend loads of money, detail it to death then suddenly see another car and move on. I think he's reduced it by £200 now

eddie ninja likes this.
  6. Ok thanks, seems sensibly priced and good maintenance. I’m looking for one to convert to track spec as I’ve realised it’s going to be too costly to do the odd trackday in my M3 due to cost of my carbon ceramic brakes, set of front discs cost more than an R26! Will keep the M3 as a garage queen!
    Quite fancy converting an R26 to R26R spec, it’s just trying to find the right R26 at the right price. A lot of the ones up at 6k are hanging about for months. I’m down in Kent and all these cars are always bloody miles away. I will try and get a look at it next week if it’s still there but I’ve noticed the descent examples at sensible prices actually sell quite quick.

Thanks
    Simon

Capita78 likes this.
  7. i just saw it on auto trader and i'm hoping to drive up to see it Tuesday. it's about 100 miles away but looks in great condition

8. I am in Birmingham at the moment overnight visiting my daughter at Uni and only 2 miles from the car sales but I don’t think my wife would appreciate me dragging her to see a car in the morning! Bit annoying seeing as I live 3 hrs drive away.

9. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Drop her off at a cafe for breakfast and sly off for half hour.

Mark B and Ian Hughes like this.
  10. Mine was up for £6k at first. I was watching all the R26s on eBay and none of them sold. It's easy to get swept up into the ' they're going up in value ' opinion if you own a good one. I traded mine in as I saw a car in the perfect spec and didn't want to miss it.

11. What did they give you part ex

12. Just didn’t get time to view it, back in Kent now.

13. Interested in the car, it's two miles away, didn't view it. Lol.

14. It seems only UB and White R26s are getting £5k and over from when I was selling my R which I’ve now kept.

15. I was looking for a white or red R26 for ages and nothing came up really .

16. looks like the garage put the price up to £6,295

17. That's nuts. Looks like he's appealing to the ' it's expensive so it must be better than the others ' crowd.
    I was watching the most expensive R26s on eBay and not one of them actually sold!

18. Either they don't sell due to ££££'s or they are battered.

19. I guess before they weren’t taking part exes on it?

20. Why would that matter mate?

21. £4395 now. It's worth that

22. Also On eBay with a mixture of yours and theirs pictures lol

23. Why don't you pop by and have a test drive?

24. Would it pass an MOT with the centre box removed? Assume the cats still in?

25. why has it got the phase 1 bullet on the door?

26. Cat still fitted. Passed mot in January.

27. H
    has it? I didn't change them

28. What's the difference?

29. Someone offer him £3k ;-)

30. Was that what he gave you?

31. Near enough. I got some work done and money off the 330ci though.
    He said he wanted to shift the megane quickly as it's not his usual thing, but that could have been sales bull...

32. Cheap car at 3k. May ask if he wants to trade it as im in the trade

33. No harm in having a look...

34. What's the paint work like? I notice the passenger rear quarter looks to have been painted, but maybe the angle/light.

35. Don't think it's had paintwork done, bit of lacquer gone on the bumpers but that's all

imprezaworks likes this.
  36. I bought it Saturday :smile:

imprezaworks likes this.
  37. Decent deal?

38. £3500

Mark B and imprezaworks like this.
  39. Lot of car for that money! Do you have any particular plans for it?