R26 - Acceleration Problem

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by harryg, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Hi,
    Had my R26 a couple of weeks now and have just fitted refurbished injectors from liquid f1.
    Unfortunately today my car has started having trouble accelerating between 2-3k rpm. The car feels like it is juddering and very lumpy?
    Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Thanks Harry

2. Any dash symbols showing?

3. No none at all which is the strange thing?
    It feels most obvious during third gear.

4. I would check your spark plugs and maybe change them.
    also check the seals on the injectors aren't split.

5. I'll go out and check the seals later but the plugs were apparently changed 6,000 miles ago...
    Any other ideas?

6. Fuel pump, Coil pack....any fault codes stored?
    what plugs were fitted?

7. I am going to get the fault codes checked tomorrow and i will have to go out and check what plugs are fitted.

8. Just taken the car out for a quick drive. The problem mainly seems to be when im traveling uphill steadily and then i try to press on. The turbo starts to kick in but the car then judders and feels like it is lacking in power. However if i drop down a gear and accelerate everything feels much better. It's like there is a massive flat spot?

9. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

I have a similar problem when driving up a hill in traffic.

Feels like it's building up boost and then loosing it because I'm moving slowly. Weird sensation because the car feels like its moving backwards then forwards.

10. Problem started after fitting the injectors?

I'd say injectors - sounds like it's lacking fuel.

11. IMO If it were lacking fuel through the injectors would it not stand to reason that the problem would still occur further up the rev range?

12. It might be the clutch

13. Problem solved - Injectors were fitted incorrectly and were not sealing into the block correctly. Took them out refitted them today and got them to sit much deeper and now all problems are gone. Feels like a different car. Strange it was only having an issue between 2-3k though.