R-link upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Jamie230, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Has anyone had issues upgrading the rlink? I got a letter telling me to upgrade or i will lose the time etc off the screen and it has now happened. Ive downloaded the file and followed the guide word for word but when i put the usb in it says usb detected then no multimedia found. Im sure its on the usb correctly as ive had my i.t mate do it again for me but still not working. Anybody had problems with this?

2. Use a smaller USB. Did it to me first time.

Tried again with a 2gb USB and it was fine

Jamie230 likes this.
  3. Thanks will try that tomorrow

4. I managed it fine with a 2Gb USB. Alternatively there's an option at the bottom of the page to order a USB preloaded with the software update. You'll need your VIN to do it though

Jamie230 likes this.
  5. Ive been tring this over the weeks and no matter what way ive done it or what size of stick it never works ive had 2 i.t guys load differnet sticks for me incase i was doing something stupid but haven’t managed to get it to work yet i always just get the message no multimedia found

6. And as if my magic ive just went out started the car (the usb was still in from last try) and its started the update itself after dozens of tries it just randomly worked:smile:

7. French electronics. The Joy's eh. Ha ha.

Jamie230 likes this.
  8. Where did you find out how to do this? Is it not done via the SD card?

9. There's an email and a letter sent out by Renault. And it specifically states not to use the sd card

10. https://easyconnect.renault.co.uk/software-upgrade/r-link-evolution I no that there is other models that update via the sd card but this says to use a usb. I no of 1 fella that did end up doing it via a sd card and it worked just make sure the normal sd card is ejected properly via the menu.