265 R-Link issue

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Superfly, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Hi there, on the way to work my R-Link just turned off, I was in sport mode and I noticed the screen went from the gauge display to turning of and displayed a black screen with clock in the center, nb the music was still playing and I was able to go to the radio display, but then it went blank again. Anybody know what's going on, is this a standard glitch, is this due to not letting the system collect my cell data and toggling before it could load up fully? Or do I need a software update etc. thanks for any feedback on this...

2. You sure you didn't accidentally hit the "dark" (or something similar) on the joystick?
    Because it will do exactly what you described.

3. Mine was doing weird stuff so I pulled the fuse in the glovebox. It doesn't actually turn off when the car is off (it just goes into standby), so this actually resets it.

4. Hi Turboflorio, I didn't know there is a Dark. button It's possible, it seemed to be ok after locking car and re opening, will check that dark thingy out