Purchasing Of 2012 RS250

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by WattsOllie94, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Good evening!

I have decided to take the plunge into the territory that is nostalgia purchases!

I am due to collect my 2012 RS250 (sport w. cup pack) next week and I am after a little advice if you could be so kind!

It has 50k on the clock with a new clutch @ 48k. Unfortunately that is all that is documented in the available paper trail. With this in mind, I am wanting to take it to Diamond motors (highly recommended in the RS world) ASAP for the Service C package and full timing package they offer (peace of mind).

Any other things to consider would be great thank you .

I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you in future meets.

Take care.

2. Looks a very comprehensive Service with that and belts done should be worry free, i would do plugs, gearbox oil, brake fluid (rbf660 is good) and coolant (to know where your at with everything, maybe change the thermostat at the same time if there is no history of that.

If they say they will do pollen filter ask to see the old one as it’s a bugger to get to and change and most don’t bother doing it.

They should check all suspension so should find any worn parts (generally drop links or anti twist links)

I’m very OTT when it comes to servicing comes from engineering background but even with OE parts these cars IMO are cheap to run in comparison with other brands I’ve had.

Sure others will have other bits to add :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WattsOllie94 and Beau like this.
  3. Thank you kindly for the reply! I'll bare it all in mind and get them all checked/changed!! Really appreciate it thank you!

Rensport225 likes this.