Purchased RS 265. Sluggish after 3rd day.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Christopher Addis, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. Hope all is well.

I just purchased a Megane RS 265 trophy in red and I absolutely love it. I've owned the car for 3 days now. The first 2 days of owning the car i was amazed at how it performed. The amount of torque off boost and how boost hit like Thors hammer once I hit 3000rpm I was truly astonished. This is coming from someone who has owned high powered Evo's.

However..the 3rd day I was excited to take the car for a spin and I noticed the power was a lot more sluggish. Boost would not come on hard like before and it would feel a lot more linear, almost like NA in power. Throttle response was not as responsive and a lot more dull. The thing is though, the power and boost will come back randomly and I can get a good pull or two before the car falls flat again. It's really upsetting :worried:

Some things Ive noticed.

The car idles very high. 1krpm In standard and a bit higher in sports mode. The car backfires a lot but that could be how it is from factory?

I haven't tweaked anything on the car. I've only filled up with bp 98. I did notice the car was sluggish after filling up. The backfires and high idle have been there since day 1.

Does the RS pull boost or timing when it detects knock? Is the hot weather we are having in gold coast? The difference is huge though :worried:

Any help would be appreciated. I just want to enjoy my new car.

2. You could have split in recirculating hose or somewhere else, also sound like it’s been mapped, dropping the octane fuel will encourage sluggish if mapped at 99

Christopher Addis likes this.
  3. I had similar problem with my R26, turned out to be a faulty actuator, nothing to do with whatever fuel I used! Although, if its been mapped on a certain fuel anything less can cause a loss in performance.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

4. Would try a different fuel If it has been mapped previously.

5. Hi guys. I've tried filling up with caltex vortex 98.

Does the Megane pull boost when it detects knock?

Thank for the responses btw. Very helpful.

6. yes it will

7. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Try shell or Tesco 99

BIG E likes this.
  8. Don't think they have Tesco's 99 in Australia Charlie

tof73 likes this.
  9. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Didn't realise he was in Australia :tearsofjoy:

tof73 likes this.