Pulsar GTI-R

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by Pagey3103, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Used to love my old pulsar gtir
    id have one but its only a concept

2. I have seen news from polish website that Nissan wants to take it on ring to beat FWD record.

3. I think it is lovely. About time some good jap cars were released.

4. That looks awesome

5. Cal

Cal

Why would a polish website have the scoop on this? I wasn't aware of any special affiliation Poland had with Nissan.

6. Cal

Cal

7. Cal

Cal

So still 23bhp down on peugeot? :smiley:

8. I saw some pictures last year of a concept pulsar, looks better with the vented bonnet.

Screenshot_2013-07-13-07-33-49.png

I do prefer the side by side exhaust though.

Screenshot_2013-07-13-15-05-46.png

9. Prefer the white concept pulsar, the alloys are similar to the gtr and are just immense.

The red splitter below is awesome. , I hope something like this is released, something good needs to come from japan soon.

10. Pulsar will be similar to Megane mk4 in terms of used technology and engines, so Nissan may be also interested to prepare their Nismo RS model.
    Anyway it seems that new Megane will get quite large wheelbase, 2700 mm, as Pulsar.

11. Too many doors, yet again.

12. It seems every man and his dog is out to set the FWD record at the ring lately. Is that really all petrol heads care about?

...Okay silly question I suppose :tongueout:

13. 4 doors or not I love that , looks miles better than the new 275, 250,265,275 all look the same, 5 years old now

14. I really like that, A lot!!

Think I'd be swayed over to buying one if realised.

15. Pfft, if I want a five door hatch it'll be an impreza, m135i or A45 AMG.

16. Well you can add Nissan to you list now then

17. That looks better than everything you've mensioned

18. I disagree.
    It also has wrong wheel drive, the others don't.

I know that seems to be an odd thing for me too say since I own a Megane, but the Pulsar is new so given that, there will be a lot more second hand cars that are better but cost less.

19. On the looks front Id rather have the Nissan over a new 275 any day, for 30k plus their is a lot you can get for that sort of money, like I say the 275 looks the same as a 250 which can be had for 10k now , some better suspension and a map you can stick 18k in ya pocket, im just saying I'm glad their is something a little different out there other than a megane

20. A lot of cars look shite now though, especially hatchbacks.
    Imo the pre-facelift Meg III looks pretty good but the facelift killed it. I'm worried that the Meg IV will go the same way as the new Clio RS200, too many doors. I don't know why they do it. Four doors does not work on a hatch, it looks terrible. And when they try and hide them, do they think we're all blind? Blind people can't drive, duh! Even the incredibly cool Lancia Delta is ruined by excess doors. Screw practicality, I don't want a car that's going to encourage my Mrs to want children.

21. Wonder if it will come with an umbrella?

22. All hat backs are 3 door or 5dr

23. Nail on the head Steve. A 10k used 250 with 5 grand stuck in it and it'll be better speced then a Trophy R. I'm in 2 minds though whether the R will retain its value like the R26r?

As for the Pulsar is nice to see Nissan being come back with a hot hatch but it'll need some serious power over and above is rivals to remain not only faithful to its DNA but also to tempt people away from the Focus RS and Golf R.