250 properfekt recirculation valve.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by why so heavy, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Gents,
    Just fitted a properfekt recirculation valve today on my rs 250. Job was abit of a pain due to the left hand bolt being difficult to refit. Could you please confirm if the vacuum hose remains at the top of the valve like the OEM valve. Pictures would be good to confirm.
    Cheers in advance kev.

2. How did you do it? Take the turbo intake hose and oil breather pipes off? Tackling this myself soon. It's a direct replacement for the stock valve so the vacuum hose that came off the stock valve should go on the ProPerfekt one in the same way.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Hi,
    I posted a question as I rushed mine and had to do it again. I didn’t adjust the front cover so fitted the valve in the wrong position.
    I removed the intake hose and vacuum hoses. I used standard tools which made the job more difficult, the top left bolt is tricky as the space is limited. If you can grind down the ring on your 10mm ring spanner ( make the ring thinner ) that makes a big difference. Also place a rag under the valve to catch any dropped bolts. So getting the old valve off is pretty easy, but refitting the new one is the tricky part as being able to start the top left bolt is difficult. I fitted the top right bolt first and tightened enough so you could just move the valve making sure that the top left bolt holes are aligned. The tricky part is hand starting the top left bolt, I applied pressure to the head of the bolt using a flat ended screw driver making sure that the bolt was straight and then used the spanner to tighten. I used the standard bolts, but would recommend that you have a plan B, I would have a couple of spare bolts for the top left, one would be a standard bolt with a slot cut in the head and the other would be a cap head Allen key bolt, you then cut down your 5mm Allen key head so that the bolt and Allen key fit in the gap.
    The first time I did it took hours, the second time was a lot quicker, but give yourself plenty of time as you don’t want to damage the thread on the turbo.
    Hope this helps kev