Project: MRS2: Water Intercooling & elec. Pop Off Steering

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by arno samimi, Feb 18, 2015.

1. a small gimmick:

first system:
    because the cleaning I no longer need the headlight cleaning system.
    therefore I have the system used for a water cooling of the intercooler, and it's controlled depends the boost pressure.
    so the water consumption is kept within limits.

second system:
    electrically switch between original pop off valve and the open hks pop off.

regulatory strategy:
    the hks pop-off can be operated alone, or in combination with the water cooling of the intercooler.
    but in return, the water cooling not alone.
    the immobilizer diode still blinks as usual. of course, also at ignition off etc.

here shown in pictures:

system off / original pop off valve active:

Gx8t9y.jpg

jxj2TB.jpg

hks pop-off active, original pop off valve inactive & intercooler water cooling off:

[​IMG]

hyDrf1.jpg

intercooler water cooling on / standby & hks pop-off active, original pop off valve inactive:

oHCVjH.jpg

glUPKe.jpg

intercooler water cooling active & hks pop-off active, original pop off valve inactive:

[​IMG]

4RlhZl.jpg

2. [video=youtube;tItTHdotidg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tItTHdotidg[/video]

3. How did u manage to control the ic water pump using the original lever? I adapt some sprinklers to another water pump and original was thinking on puting a switch, but its a clever idea use the oem lever

4. thanks! :smile:

the orignal lever, turn on only the system.
    the control takes place in the black control unit (selfmade, boost depending and adjustable when it should cooling) in the ebox in the engine compartment.

so that the switch responsive to the pump lines, I had "only" to put on a few cables at the uch / ebox for the interior.

5. And how u made the boost adjust, thinking on something similar using a switch and a relay

6. an electronic circuit, for which I use the boost pressure sensor signal, and 2 pot to switch on and off set.
    The LED shows you optical, when the waterpump will be run:

k6jzsf.jpg

7. The boost presure signal take from the ecu?

8. between ecu and boost sensor before the throttle

9. And is not more easy use a mechanic air switch, conected to the vacum pipe. Was thinking on this last night. Duno if there is something usable, something like a selenoid. Similar found a preassure switch but they work over 80 psi