250 Pro limit Aluminum radiator review

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by sergio, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Hello Guys,

A few months ago, four friends bought four aluminum radiators from the DECL CONCEPT page, manufactured by Pro Limit.

We are regulars in Trackday and needed to correct the high temperature problems after 2-3 laps at the circuit

As soon as I opened the box, I found the aluminum supports bent because the packaging is very ridiculous.
    IMG-20210203-164545.jpg
    IMG-20210203-164539.jpg

The problem with straightening this aluminum is that it breaks very easily

When I tried to mount it with an IC Wagner tuning, the bracket does not fit because it is not at the same height and also the pressure inlet touches the radiator bracket so we have to remove part of the reinforcement of the bracket
    Screenshot-2021-06-07-20-09-04-397-com-miui-gallery.jpg
    free images
    Screenshot-2021-06-07-20-08-56-283-com-miui-gallery.jpg

Once several modifications had been made, the radiator was mounted with the IC, I had to make some lower supports so that the IC did not touch the air conditioning radiator.

I contacted them and they told me that by not buying their IC they do not ensure compatibility, the truth is that the original IC does not fit the radiator either.

The best of all is that we have not solved the temperature problems, I even think the car heats up earlier. Four radiators, four friends, four same problems.

2. Thats a very good write up, in regards to the wording. Its factual and therefore inspires confidence in the legitimacy. Shame it didn't solve the issue in the end.

Have you considered using an alternative coolant (I suspect you have?)

3. excuse me, I sent it unfinished

In my case, my radiator has a pore, is it that they don't check the leaks? after 5 minutes water started to come out

Screenshot-2021-06-07-20-28-08-029-com-miui-gallery.jpg

Cutted brackets
    Screenshot-2021-06-07-20-30-33-536-com-miui-gallery.jpg

This is all, excuse for my english.

~Shaun~ likes this.
  4. I have tried a thermostat from Clio 75º and Motul Mocool without success. I have been able to improve cooling by canalizing the air and enlarging the radiator grille.

5. Here two hidden videos that I sent to the manufacturer, offered me a reward that I never received. I got tired of waiting.

Muxa likes this.
  6. Seems odd that they haven't tried to help..

7. Joder macho, vaya chapuza. Llega roto, problemas al montar, y encima pierde? Espero que te devuelvan la pasta, porque no es normal.

Fuck man, that a shit. Arrive broken, problems to fit, and later have a leak? I hope they back the money, that isn´t normal.

8. I don't know if it really works, but here in Germany a very reputable company sells a product for cooling "water" in radiators. It's not cheap, but if it really does the job, it's worth it!
    Isn't there a company(in England) that specializes in competition, that has a solution?
    There's the link for the German company:

https://pp-performance.de/shop/product/coolant-xtreme/

9. It is expensive but it works ... the type D coolant that most modern engines use, are excellent thermal conductors and I don't think it will solve the problems, but never know...

After a lot of work invested in my car in canalizing the air, I have partly solved the problem but it is still not effective...

10. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

are they Chinese made radiators?

11. I don't know, they are French

12. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

looks like the same sort of quality/packaging as the Chinese radiator i bought for mine (r26)

the outlets and inlets weren't matched up with the holes in the end tanks, wasn't very good tbh

manugtt likes this.