preparation / restoration megane r26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by LoK28o, Dec 22, 2019.

1. I don't even know how many hours I have on this damn piece
    2020-04-28-08-25-55.jpg

2. Can’t believe how small the oe rods are :fearscream:

3. That looks a really great job, i really hope it makes more power for you with that amount of work that you have put in

4. they look like toys.

as I read, they are the same cranks. than those of a 182hp clio

5. I hope that too.
    It's already about 12 hours of work. so that later it is useless.

6. Interesting build and can't wait to see this finished

7. more things that come to me!

powder paint. so it holds scratches and temperature better

2020-04-24-09-46-33.jpg
    2020-04-24-09-47-35.jpg

8. but I still continue with this damn piece, which has me already crazy!

2020-04-30-08-08-05.jpg
    2020-04-30-08-08-14.jpg

ianplymouth likes this.
  9. these cars really get to you don't they :laughing::laughing::laughing:

10. liking the mk3 caliper upgrade :laughing::laughing:

11. hahahaha you pay attention to the details EH!

12. best upgrade i did apart from the short shifter

13. Best pads i found were the Performance Friction Z rated, did have Carbon Lorrain 8's but they were too much :sunglasses::sunglasses:

14. if they are major modifications. I have them too. and I am delighted with the result. although i have Carbon Lorrain 6 and perfect

Agreen likes this.
  15. a question and help.

I have bought a megane 250 turbo, but I want to buy a repair kit. but not chinese kit! I want some quality. do you know any place

16. I phoned a turbo repair company and i bought a complete core from them, think it was about £150 posted.
    You will need the number off of the side of the cold side and give them the number to get the right core.

17. I too have the cl6 and found them good so far!

18. You running 250 calipers ???

19. No, original 225 brembos.

20. ahhh okay then

21. But can anything be done to make the turbo perform better?
    I am looking and I see that there are t15 and t16. Maybe there are more variants and I am interested in buying repair kit t16 and conch shell of t16 and gain some more benefits

The companies here do not sell, they only repair. They say to send the turbo and for € 400 they repair it. when a new one is worth € 700.

it doesn't make sense when a cartridge is worth € 150

22. I only have this and I finish this damn piece!

2020-05-02-13-34-38.jpg
    2020-05-02-13-34-42.jpg

ianplymouth likes this.
  23. Looks good, shame no one is going to see it, it's same with all the forged internal bits :disrelieved:

24. well yes friend, a shame. so much money and time invested and not being able to wear anything

25. When are you going to start the build then ????

26. I would like to start next week to assemble everything. now i want to take things to the turner to plan butt and clean

27. Hello friends. I have a problem and I want to know what you are doing with your motors at the moment.

It turns out that today I wanted to mount the entire engine.
    but just when it is time to ride the crankshaft.

I see that the main bushings have cutouts and the motor has no cutouts.

I send the block to the mechanic and they make holes for the ridges? or put oem caps?

28. If you don't understand me because of my bad English. I can also put some photos. to explain myself better

29. Hi Lok
    I covered this on my build, give me a minute i will see if i can find it

30. It seems that ACL main bearings have some kind of "tab" to fit F7R engines, so I think that I have two choices: remove the bearing tabs or machine the block to make them fit.

Could anyone tell me the best way to do it, or how people usually do it when fitting this kind of bearings? Should I go with OEM bearings if I'm not looking for +420hp
    2020-05-07-17-53-48.jpg
    casquillo.png

31. I had a thin cutting disc on an angle grinder and then finished them off with a fine file

32. Just take your time and a little bit at a time, i put the grinder in the vice so it's held firm.

When you want to finish off with a fine file, wrap the bearing in tissue paper leaving the end to file uncovered.
    Hold them in a vice (gently) if you don't have a fine file, use fine emery paper wrapped around a file.

33. I'm pretty scared.

if I take away too much it will be bad and if I take away too little it will be bad.

34. It will be better to take off to much, as to little will push the bearing into the crank not leaving room for the oil.

As the tang is only on one side you will only need to do touch that side

35. yes but you have to remove up and down. Wouldn't it be safer to put some originals?

36. It is a job that scares me a lot. if something goes wrong.

repair can be very expensive

37. Why don't you get one of your old bearings and have a play with one of them and see how you go, or send them to me and i'll do them for you

38. if that if I could do it, they are to be thrown away anyway.

My fear. I think they are fine and then tighten the crankshaft. with what scratches the crankshaft and would be problems.
    or remove a lot of material and then they can be moved from the site and problems too