preparation / restoration megane r26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by LoK28o, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Well just to let you know, i have been out for a drive today, did 120 miles the first 60 odd miles i had no boost at all, fixed that and was out on the second drive and after about 20 miles the engine and spanner light caame on saying "check Injection" no loss of power or drive ability.
    Mapping will sort that out for me :laughing::laughing::laughing:

2. tell me, you have the same problem right now. Hahaha
    when we talk about the subject before, the same problem appears before

3. I only have the "check Injection" alert but its still running great

4. just like me. the car works the same. but with the fault on

5. Its because of the decat pipe im sure

6. we keep finishing things.

2021-02-11-08-31-57.jpg
    2021-02-11-08-32-20.jpg

Jukidam and manugtt like this.
  7. we keep making changes

2021-03-15-17-57-38.jpg
    2021-03-15-17-57-47.jpg

8. Is that a mk3 rear beam lok?

9. yes and also come the front parts of megane 3.
    now I need to know what tires and measurements I put

any ideas?

10. No idea I’m afraid can’t see why standard size 18”s wouldn’t fit though.

11. https://m.facebook.com/groups/meganesport/permalink/10157413763114233/

Might help as a starting point, some reference here. Offsets not great, limits choices from what I can see.

Interested to see how you get on with it as its something I'd like to do and I'd consider 17s also myself and can't find much info on 17s on an R26, seems popular on the MK3

12. Yes. I'll tell how things are going. but notice that slow. I have to sell my tires to buy new ones

13. 2021-03-25-20-22-29.jpg

style r26r

Conoboy likes this.
  14. 2021-03-25-20-41-49.jpg
    2021-03-25-20-56-55.jpg

Conoboy likes this.
  15. is this common? the turbo is very hot and it skews me breaking the plastic.

any solution?

calor-megane.png
    gif hq

16. Thats nothing, my 265 was way worse than that :laughing::laughing:

17. How about a turbo blanket?! I’ve not got one, but have seen them. Have no idea if they work, but they claim to keep the heat in the hot side of the turbo.

18. Forgot to add that i had a turbo blanket :laughing::laughing:
    This is when it happened :confused:

50141928591_daaf57a38b_k.jpg IMG_20200720_150552 by Ian Austin, on Flickr

BillyA and Poppaboost like this.
  19. BillyA likes this.
  20. This scene looks familiar:tearsofjoy:

21. Bloody passengers, to much extra weight :laughing::laughing::laughing:

22. So @Ian does that blanket make a good difference to under bonnet temps?

23. Hi friends. I have a question and I am wondering if you can help me.

I want to put garret g25 550 but in Spain it is very hot

Right now I have an airtec 70mm intercooler, but on hot track days, I notice how it heats up and performance drops.

Would it be advisable to put airtec 90mm?
    Does anyone know performance differences with one and the other?

24. Tough one
    I fitted a Borg Warner 6758 to my 265 (also have one ready to fit to the R26) and i was told that because its a bigger turbo and not working at its maximum power they run cooler.

Fitting a 90mm intercooler will reduce the air flow through radiator so that will push the temperatures up.

My 265 was running 400hp with a 70mm Airtec and i never had any heat issues.

25. I'd definitely fit an oil cooler too.

On my first run with the g25-550 yesterday I noticed that my intake temps were hitting around 15C higher than ambient which is probably better than before, all be it that was on track and this was a road test. Will be interesting to see what it's like when it's mapped and I can use all the revs. I'm running a beat up old forge intercooler.

26. Would you consider adding water injection rather than the bigger intercooler?

27. As you say, it makes sense that if you have a bigger turbo, it is quieter and not at maximum performance. so they have to lower the temperatures somewhat.

but I don't understand you, when you tell me that with 90mm I will have more temperature as the air flows worse. If it is bigger, it has to cool more, right?

think that right now the temperature is 20 degrees and in July I can exceed 40 degrees every day under a tree

I already have an oil radiator, a larger water radiator and aluminum.

but as you say, the temperature rises 15 degrees, but if I say that in a few months I am at 40 degrees, I put the intake at more than 60 degrees without problems and I already notice an interesting loss of power.

I can't do more than 2 laps in a row on the track either, because the water, oil, tires get hot...
    As I said, I have an oil radiator, a larger water radiator and aluminum, water jets in the intercooler.

but the hot track days. I can't ride more than one lap without noticing a loss of power. this is something that is starting to bother me

28. Water/meth injection? Could be something to look at?

29. no, water in front of the intercooler. to cool down a bit more.
    water cooler

30. The 90mm intercooler reduces the amount of air going into the radiator, so the coolant temp will go up, there have been few that have had this problem.

31. I understand what you want to tell me.

but I don't see the reasoning you tell me. I don't see it clearly xD

Is there a page where they have evidence of this type? to get out of doubt?

32. Yo ya lo había oido antes, al ser tan grande el intercooler, tapa mucha superficie del radiador dejándolo sin flujo de aire que lo refrigere, así que en un track day, la temperatura por las nubes. Lo del water spray yo lo iba a montar, pero creo que poco o nada conseguirás. Los problemas de llevar los coches tan gordos!!:tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

I had heard that before, with a superbig intercooler, it block a lot of surface of radiator without air flow to cold, so in a track day, the temperatures goes so high. I went to fit a water spray, but I think it don´t worth the job. That´s the problems with superpowered cars!!:tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink: