preparation / restoration megane r26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by LoK28o, Dec 22, 2019.

1. I was trying to get a pair of VDO gauges working in my car, they are now in the bin

2. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
    Really? What was the problem Ian? I use to fit they and never had a problem, works fine, and not are cheap precisely!
    What your choice?

3. well one just wouldn't read except full scale, that was the oil pressure even with the engine off, the other oil temp was reading 50 degrees C before start up.

Had them a while waiting to fit, in the end fitted some old digital ones and they seem to work as they should, i onlt=y took the digital ones out as driving at night they were blindingly bright

4. Can you translate it, my German isn't good :laughing::laughing:
    is that a generic scan or Clip ???

5. generic

6. finished :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Agreen, Poppaboost and ianplymouth like this.
  7. What??

8. Hallelujah
    well done
    Whats it like then

manugtt likes this.
  9. a cable from the switchboard, which played on the chassis and the electronics drove me crazy.

10. At least you have found and sorted it, well done :sunglasses::sunglasses:

11. the truth is that it has given quite a storm, that nonsense

12. Its what they call "character Building" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

13. it is funny. now that I have it fixed. I can't leave my municipality, because of the damn covi19!
    the lord laughs at my misfortune hahahahaha

14. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:Animo Sergio! Parece que en dos semanas termina el confinamiento municipal. Además, parece que los ingleses tienen una vacuna ya!

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:Cheer up Sergio! It seems like in two weeks the municipal lockdown finish. And seems like those english have the vacune already!

15. and knowing our government they will sell it on for a pittance to other countries and we will buy some silly priced syuff that doesn't work :rage::rage::rage::rage:

16. Sorry Ian! I´d just joking, don´t want to anger you. Some day we have to talk about the craps of your government and mine. Maybe you surprise with mine! For now, let´s enjoy our holy passion!:wink:

17. You wont anger me, they have done that enough already.

We talk this over with some good beer and wine, to make it all right again :laughing::laughing::laughing:

manugtt likes this.
  18. Totally agree! To be more soon than late!!

19. What's your closest famous track ????

20. LeMans or the Green Hell, prefer the second if you ask me!:tonguewink::tonguewink:

21. Well i should be out there at Easter all being well, (Nurburgring that is) did try and Get to LeMans this year, but it sold out within 2 days.

Will let you know what date they come up with

22. Ok Ian, don´t think I can be there on Easter, don´t have days off enough. I have 700km to LeMans so, I can go a weekend in you are there!! We are in touch man:wink:

23. animos tengo muchos. ahora mismo que estoy contento por terminar el coche. ahora lo de este gobierno..... no me da muchos animos o ningunos. nos dejaran sueltos para las fiestas y despues de las fiestas, volveremos a lo de siempre. como si viera el futuro

spirits I have many. right now I'm happy to finish the car. now what of this government ..... it does not give me much encouragement or none. They will let us loose for the holidays and after the holidays, we will go back to business as usual. as if i see the future

24. 2021-01-08-17-32-28.jpg
    after a few kilometers for the engine break-in. it's time to see if everything is alright

2021-01-08-17-45-24.jpg
    this is the result, the electronics is not yet modified, this oem. but it gives me a good impression that everything is fine

Muxa, Brigsy, Bob Thompson and 4 others like this.
  25. that looks great

26. Joder macho, pues para electrónica de serie tiene buenas cifras. Donde tienes pensado hacer la electrónica? Yo me iría a 037, no te pilla tan lejos y saben lo que hacen.

Holly shit, thats good numbers for an OEM map. Where do you go for remap? I should go to 037 parts, maybe not near to you but they know what they do.

27. Thanks a lot!

la verdad esque las piezas se ajustaron bien y por eso da esas cifras tan buenas. ahora me toca modificar la electronica y la voy hacer en vagspeed ya que trabajo en uno y tengo buen precio. y como soy del gremio, espero que se esmere un poco mas y me la hagan mejor que los demas jajajaja

The truth is that the pieces fit well and that is why it gives such good figures. Now I have to modify the electronics and I am going to do it in vagspeed since I work in one and I have a good price. And since I'm from the guild, I hope you do a little more work and do it better than the others hahahaha

28. 2021-01-14-19-13-48.jpg

Agreen, Conoboy and manugtt like this.
  29. That looks nice
    can't wait to get mine :sunglasses::sunglasses:

30. 2021-01-18-19-48-22.jpg

Hello friends. I know that the r26r has a cover where the back seat would go and I would like to be able to do something similar or similar.
    someone has a photo. who can copy the system a bit?

31. Que tal Sergio! Todavía anda esa máquina?:tonguewink::tonguewink:
    Hay cubiertas de esas en Ktec, pero creo que son caras. La forma más económica es comprar moqueta similar a la del coche e ir dándole la forma de la base de los asientos. Puedes hacer un molde con un cartón o algo así. Yo lo hice una vez para mi antiguo Gt Turbo y quedó muy bien.

Hi Sergio! Is that machine still running?:tonguewink::tonguewink:
    There are covers of those at Ktec, but I think they are expensive. The cheapest way is buy carpet similar to that of the car and give it the shape of the base of the seats. You can make a mold out of cardboard or something like that. I did it once for my old Gt Turbo and it turned out really good.

32. 1366_2000.jpg

2008-Renault-Megane-R26R-interior.jpg
    informacion-e-imagenes-del-renault-megane-sport-r26r-128_2.jpg

jajajaja si aun anda. y espero que por mucho tiempo.

se lo que dices de la moqueta. pero como ahora tampoco tengo el hueco de la rueda de repuesto.
    pense en lo que tiene el r26r.

como se ve en las fotos, hacen como un cajon para pillar los arneses de seguridad. y e pensado que en ese hueco podria venir bien para poner los triangulos, chaleco y esas cosas. asi lo tengo todo recogido y queda curioso.

hahaha if he still walks. and I hope for a long time.

I know what you say about the carpet. but since now I don't have a spare wheel well either.
    I thought about what the r26r has.

As seen in the photos, they make like a drawer to catch the safety harnesses. and I thought that in that hole it could come in handy to put the triangles, vest and stuff. so I have everything collected and it is curious

33. Perfecto entonces. Por cierto, mi hermana vive ahora en Almería. Supongo que este verano le haré una visita, así que si te place tomamos un café y me enseñas esa bestia negra!

Ok then. By the way, mi sister is living in Almería now. I guess this summer will visit her, so if you agree we can take a coffe and show me that black beast!

34. Looking good there Mate
    How many miles have you driven it now since the build ???

I'm just waiting for my brakes to be bled through and then i'm going to go out and drive the wheels off it to get some miles on it.

35. si claro que si. cuando quieras y si vienes con tu megane, que eso espero. lo veo tambien jajaja

Yes of course. whenever you want and if you come with your megane, I hope so. I see it too hahaha

little. almost 3000 km. as we are confined to the city. I can't go out for a walk in the mountains

36. friends does anyone have a lightweight flywheel from ktecracing?
    since I have it, I have a motor failure and it is somewhat annoying

I'm looking with the renault pirate cam clip, to learn flywheel, but it doesn't let me either.
    any ideas?

https://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3737&appid=12
    On rare occasions some customers may experience a flywheel target error due to strict emissions targets in the OEM map (Most common in Australia & New Zealand) but this can easily be corrected within mapping using our RS Tuner remote remapping service.

37. I had a Ktec flywheel and clutch kit fitted to my 225 and it never put up a single error, the R26 has a Helix flywheel and clutch kit, was fitted when i bought the car, as far as i can feel its not been mapped either and driving it 250 miles home no message popped up.

Sorry i can't help

38. It is appreciated that you stop by and leave your comment or little help.

it seems that this only happens to some. and I had to be one

39. I know people have suffered with this issue, mapping seems to sort it out.

Best to get all this bad luck sorted now, then that should give you years of trouble free motoring :laughing::laughing:

40. I want that, solve it and be able to enjoy it without problems. what a year it gave me problems