preparation / restoration megane r26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by LoK28o, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Then there is definitely something wrong, with the amount of air going through the radiator and around the engine at that speed, even if your talking in kmh :laughing::laughing:

2. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

3. today I have looked at the oil pressure and I have 4 bars just started. Then in hot 1 bar and if it accelerated it raises me from 3.5 to 4 bars.

I'm looking at the manual and it says 3 bars at 3,000 rpm so the oil pump must be fine

4. I keep doing kilometers, to drop the engine.
    but with fear in case I broke something for something strange

2020-09-12-12-26-59.jpg
    2020-09-12-20-02-28.jpg

manugtt and Agreen like this.
  5. No tio! Lo has lavado! Ese polvo acumulado le daba un toque de la vieja escuela!:tonguewink::tonguewink: Me alegra Sergio, a ver si solucionas lo de la temperatura de aceite, que no es normal.

No man! You had wash it! That lot of dust gave it an old school touch!:tonguewink::tonguewink: I´m glad Sergio, hope you fix about oil temp, that´s not normal.

6. si la verdad es que pedía un poco de limpieza.

pues solo me queda pensar, que es tema de electronica.
    la bomba tiene su presion de aceite.
    el aceite sale limpio, no tiene restos de nada.

alguna idea?

if the truth is that he asked for a little cleaning.

Well, I can only think, that it is a matter of electronics.
    the pump has its oil pressure.
    the oil comes out clean, it has nothing left.

any ideas?

7. new spark plugs, with about 100 kilometers of use.
    2020-09-16-18-33-59.jpg
    2020-09-16-18-34-04.jpg
    2020-09-16-18-34-10.jpg
    2020-09-16-18-34-17.jpg

as you see?

8. I keep fixing things. and change the connectors of the coils, which were in bad condition

2020-09-16-18-20-34.jpg
    2020-09-16-18-23-57.jpg
    2020-09-16-18-24-24.jpg

Bob Thompson and manugtt like this.
  9. Air filter looks huge! Where do you have the cold air feed going to?

10. goes to the grill, between the intercooler and the fog lamp.

I need to find an ornament, funnel type to make it beautiful.
    but the tube is 100 and I can't find anything that big

11. Hi Lok280

Lets have an update, got to be running by now :laughing::laughing:

12. I'm sorry friend.
    but I haven't touched it. I have collapsed and I have it stored in the garage, I only made it 300 kilometers and I do not want to know about it. I leave my morale on the ground

13. Bloody hell what's happened ?????

14. the faults I put in, they always come out and the engine oil gets hot

15. Suputamadre...
    No te desanimes hombre. Déjalo pasar una temporada y cuando te veas con ganas le das otro repaso a todo. A veces, estas cosas es mejor dejarlas de lado y despejar la cabeza un poco.
    Animo txo!:wink:

Fucker...
    Don´t get down man. Put it aside a time and when you take renewed strength, give a check to all. Sometimes, this things is better to leave and clear your mind.
    Cheer up mate!:wink:

Agreen likes this.
  16. Whats happened, i couldn't work out what he was trying to say :openmouth:

17. eso hago, dejarlo un tiempo. pero el problema es que nose por donde empezar con el. todo lo que pensaba que podia ser, lo tengo mirado y nose que mas mirar.
    y es muy desesperante que pase esto.

I do that, leave it for a while. But the problem is that I don't know where to start with it. Everything I thought it could be, I have looked at it and I don't know what else to look at.
    and it is very desperate that this happens.

18. it happens that for some reason, the oil gets hot. as I mentioned a while ago. And after checking everything and looking at everything I could look at. keep heating

19. Is the oil pressure good?

20. How do you know its getting hot and how hot is it ???

Is the water temperature normal ???

21. Just looking back through the thread and your oil pressure seems good!

Are you digitally measuring the oil temp via a system connected using the obd? Why dont you fit a sandwich plate with another oil temp gauge to compare the two readings? You may have a bad sensor that is misreading?

manugtt likes this.
  22. That's what i'm thinking, i have a sandwich plate with sensors in mine, one for pressure and a temp one, totally screwed readings so i changed the sensor and it's still not right, so i fitted another gauge and its still not right, so have given up for the moment :rage::rage:

manugtt likes this.
  23. if the pressures are correct. the new oil pump.
    I had the sensor and watch before and they always worked well.
    anyway.
    I also measure the temperature of the oil pan with a laser thermometer and there is at most 5 degrees of difference from the thermometer to my sensor

24. So what was the temperature ?????

25. Could it be something as simple as an airlock in the coolant pipe that feeds the oil cooler? Or even something with the cooler itself? If you've got good oil pressure then the pump etc must be working so it can't be anything major?

I assume it isn't burning oil or anything?

26. in theory there are two coolers fitted to the engine, one that the oil filter fits too and the other is the thermostat housing, oil gallery and coolant run through the back of the housing.

I'm wondering if the electric pump down the back of the engine has it's pipes connected the right way around, could be fighting the coolant pump flowing against each other.

manugtt likes this.
  27. Was thinking exactly that ian!

The pipes are a little messy in that area and it would be very easy to route one wrong.

28. the water temperature is good.
    the problem is in the oil.
    the car started without walking. the oil temperature is about 100 to 110 degrees and walking about 120 degrees.
    but I remember that I have an oil cooler, which helps to cool down. without that help, it sure would get much hotter

29. So you have an aftermarket oil cooler?

Have you tried it without this in place? Could it be that it's actually detrimental?

manugtt likes this.
  30. Puede ser por ahí Sergio. Prueba la configuración de origen a ver que hace. El radiador de aceite lleva placa termostática? Puede que esté jodido y te esté puteando. De todas formas, lo que te dije, tómate tu tiempo!

Can be that Sergio. Try the stock system and check what it does. The oil cooler fits a thermostatic plate? Maybe it is wrong and is fucking you. Anyway, that I said you, take your time!

31. the radiator is mishimoto and brand new.
    the plate is with thermostat.

if the thermostat breaks it would be closed. as if it were oem. and if it breaks open, the oil would always be cold

el radiador es mishimoto y nuevo de estreno.
    la placa es con termostato.

si se rompe el termostato quedaria cerrado. como si fuera oem. y si se rompe en abierto, siempre estaria frio el aceite

32. fixed the temperature problem.

the gauge that I have mounted, was broken and for more coincidence. the laser thermometer I had, too and they were driving me crazy

manugtt and Poppaboost like this.
  33. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:En serio? Joder, vaya casualidad tío. Me alegra que esté todo en orden entonces. Cómo te diste cuenta?

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:Really? Damn, what a coincidence man. Glad all is right then. How do you realize?

35. 2020-10-28-19-08-24.jpg
    I have this error and I can't find the problem, can someone help me?

I have no air leaks. from turbo to engine.
    the electronics have been oem.
    the intake manifold sensor is new

no tengo perdidas de aire. del turbo al motor.
    la electrónica se a puesto de oem.
    el sensor del multiple de admision, es nuevo

36. por que lo saque ala calle para usarlo un poco. y vi que el radiador de aceite estaba frio. cuando tiene un termostato que abre a 80 grados. y el reloj marcaba 120 grados. asi que lo deje arrancado 1 hora y cuando el reloj marcaba 130 grados. el radiador de aceite, estaba caliente.

so I took it out on the street to use it a little. and I saw that the oil cooler was cold. when you have a thermostat that opens at 80 degrees. and the clock read 120 degrees. so I left it running for 1 hour and when the clock read 130 degrees. the oil cooler, it was hot.

37. Great you got it sorted, knew it couldn't be much wrong with it

38. Qué relojes son esos Sergio? Yo para estas cosas no me la juego, siempre marcas fiables tipo Stack o VDO, por ejemplo.

What gauges are those Sergio? For this cases, I always fit good brands like Stack or VDO, for example.

39. They are depo racing, which is a good and well-known brand. but for whatever, the sensor wanted to give me war

son depo racing, que es buena marca y conocida. pero por lo que sea, el sensor tenia ganas de darme guerra

manugtt likes this.
  40. Can anyone tell me something about this problem? I'm pretty lost