Powerflex lower engine mount

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by .Stevo.C., Sep 22, 2015.

1. Hi Steve, I've got the black series one fitted to my car.
    My car was off the road for a week or two when I had to change the engine and changed this at the same time, so no back to back results I'm afraid.
    Although it hasn't done anything bad to the car I.e. no noticeable extra vibrations etc.

2. I'm going to be fitting one of these soon along with a short shift . . .

Hopefully transfer the power better out of corners and between gear changes.

3. I have a set for sale if interested

4. Yes have the complete set fitted including this one.
    worth it. Noticably less movement.

5. For all the mounts or just the dogbone?

6. Just the dogbone. I had it fitted for a week upon installation I found the front bush of the original mount was torn. So I ordered a genuine replacement and it's of the newer kind and these bushes don't fit annoyingly. So there about a week old so like new of your interested

7. Would the tear in the bush not have mattered though? Since these are replacement bushes or insert over the old bushes? Might be wrong here as not looked in detail . . .

8. These only insert in the rear bush not the tiny front bush. Like I say was annoyed the design has changed as have the gearbox one fitted with no issue. See how the new design holds up anyway. But bushes are for sale anyway. Been sitting in my tool box like new lol. Yours £20 posted if u want them. Save a few quid.

9. I'm gonna have a look at mine again now because my mechanic said a bush was torn . . . might be same scenario!?

10. I wouldn't want to risk it. This bush will fill all the void in original rear bush. I know I wouldn't be happy knowing it was torn on my car. Which leaves you to be buying the new style mount and unable to powerflex it like I was.

11. So I spoke to my mechanic . . . he's been on the phone to Powerflex and they actually make a whole bush to replace the larger oem rear bush in the mount.

Rather than the two inserts you cut out the existing original bush and press in the Powerflex item, he didn't get a part number but looking on their site I reckon it could be this one;

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/product-details/Rear+Lower+Engine+Mounting+Bush/11612.html

Although I don't think this is compatible with the rubberised bracket, perhaps only the new version which you have now installed . . . do you have any part numbers handy for both types of OE bracket/mount?

12. Ohh that's there mount I have fitted in the pic I'll be buying one of those sets on payday then :smile: