225 Powerflex handling pack for 225

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Gprim225, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Anybody had the Powerflex pack fitted onto there 225?

Thinking of doing it all as I want to completely refresh suspension.

Is it a hard job? K Tec are charging over £500 to do it.

2. If you fit them yourself, it's the best way to get to know your car, so if you can do without your car for a couple of days, go for it, i am sure you will get help on here if you need it.

3. I was looking into this too, k-tec Fitted price £783. I'm no mechanic so may look again another time when a few bushes start to wear

4. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

HOW MUCH?! Jesus I don't think mark black charged a third of that.

Gavin. likes this.
  5. Hi Naith, where is Mark Black?

6. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

In Bolsover mate. About 45 mins from Manchester via the hills. Worth every penny though the boys next level.

Gavin. likes this.
  7. That's a long away from me in Poole, Dorset, thanks anyway Naith

8. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Ahhh didn't realise. If you bought the parts in @Nickson might be able to help he's a great lad.

Gavin. likes this.
  9. Thanks, will check out Nickson when I need them done, own garage, supply the full set, fit, price

10. Just to revive this thread as I'm thinking about upgrading some of the bushes . . . there are quite a few though;

Lower steering/control arm front bushes
    Lower steering/control arm rear bushes
    ARB bushes
    Steering rack bush
    Rear beam mounting bushes

Are some more important/prone to wear than others or? Because when you add that lot up it comes to quite a bit compared to OEM equivalent parts. Is it more for track use than road use?

Cheers,

Rich

11. Steering rack bush isn't an upgrade, more of a repair. Not difficult to fit but you don't *need* it.

ARB bushes are a lot more work to fit than everything else as you need to the arms and then then disconnect the steering column and remove the subframe.

Rear Beam bushes can be done at any time. I can't say I noticed any significant difference in handling with them - it just feels stiffer.