Power wing mirrors

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by CJ_RSport, Sep 19, 2013.

1. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Anyone experienced their mirrors not working?

My drivers mirror wont fold in, been told it could be a fuse as they are fuses each side but cant see many fuses inside car unless its under bonnet

Are the mirrors same size as a normal megane? So I could get a cheap one from scrappy and put my cover on basically saves mentioning renaultsport and getting a slapped backside from breakers

Or can u buy the power fold motor

Any help would be great

2. Was it ever a power fold mirror?
    I had the same issue and found out it was a manual wing mirror.
    Bought a mirror from eBay which I thinks was off a diesel megane.
    The back cover pops off. And then it just plugs in as usual. Take it off and have a look if it's even plugged in

3. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Im not sure will have a check buddy are the wires behind mirror plate or inside mirror im guessing its a powerfold but i have inly owned car a few month.
    it pushes in with no resistance will have a check and see

4. To me it sounds like its a manual. From inside the car you will see a plastic cap. Pop that off and you will see a torx bolt holding the mirror unit. Keep hold of it or it will fall off. Should be a plug in there any way for the heated glass.
    Does the passenger side power fold? If it does does it feel the same when pushed manually?
    I got my new one from eBay made a offer for 40 quid took 10 mins to replace

5. If your switch looks like this then it has folding mirrors.

[​IMG]

What model Meg do you have mate ? There is only one fuse for the mirrors and it's in the glove box.

6. same switch as mine Rob : )

7. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

Oi

8. What ?

9. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

You know boyo

10. I know I know but I want to tell ; )

11. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Sussed it now they have had a replacement mirror but cheaped out on a manual one it has the folding switch and the passenger folds but the drivers doesnt

Are all megane power fold mirrors the same regardless of model megane mk2? So can just put my anthracite cover on?

Cheers

12. I think so yes.

13. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Cheers pal trip to scrappy a think mite see if can get a spare set of covers as I know theyre supposted to be anthracite but want to have a black set as they look good on others ive seen

14. No problem. Exactly the same happened with me. So easy to swap over too. 10 minuets work.

15. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Sweet can always sell my unit on ebay as a non fold to get some of the money back suppose

Thanks again