R26 Power steering failure

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Mowzer, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Hi all like the title says i have had an electronic power steering failure on my R26. I lost all assistance and i have steering fault pop up on the dash and the stop lamp and the traction control light too. I scanned for fault codes i got DTC - DF035: ELECTRICAL MOTOR - INTERNAL FAILURE. I believe i need to replace the steering column my question is can i fit a second hand one or are they coded to the car?

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

i believe you can fit a second hand one but it will need to be virginised via clip iirc

3. It will have to be plugged into clip to reset the assistance it gives and the steering sensor too as otherwise you will have a few light and error on the dash, like ESP fault, ABS fault...

Mowzer likes this.
  4. Well i fitted a second hand unit today i got from Ren parts on Ebay. I'm not sure if they had reset anything but it worked strait away then i reset the steering angle sensor with my Launch then after i did that i could calibrate the assistance. Wow what a difference ever since I've had this car i felt the steering was too light. Now it feels spot on guess the garage who fitted a column a few years ago for the last owner did not set anything up correctly.

tof73 and matt e like this.