Possible R26 F1 RS megane purchaser

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by hemingway1975, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Been looking at investing in one of these cars as my main car as my other is on the way out. I have around 5k-6k. I am towing and throwing between Focus st -
    FN2 type - r and the megane RS. These are the 3 cars that I'm really interested in. What is the Megane like as a daily driver and to live with. I will be using the car for getting to work and the weekend. Is their space in the back for a adult, is the car liveable as a daily driver. Obviously the cars are around 12-15yrs old so possibly showing their age a little, but that doesn't put me off. I like the style of the cars, Yes they are French and you get the old its French it will break etc etc. But how reliable are these as a daily driver. Any advise or help is much appreciated..

2. I have an 07 plate dci and I love it and I did about 30kmiles a year
    things to watch are swivel hub bearing, anti rotation link, window regulators.

otherwise really good fun cars to drive and fast as well.
    lots of people on this site also have Porsche, big mercs or bimmers and an R26 for driving
    fun.
    you won't get that in an ST or civic even though the FN2 is really nice car and very tuneable, even better if you can find a white one import

3. Yes I like the FN2, but the r26 in liquid yellow is hard to beat it looks sublime. Like I mentioned before, their is issues with the st with liners, gearbox and that's why I am more leaning towards the Rs or fn2. Its just their is abundance of FN2 around, where as the RS isn't and its a bit of a niche car. In my area I have possibly seen 2 megane rs every so often. Soon a I mentioned purchasing a FN2 their bloody everywhere I look.

4. If I need to choose one of them it would be the r26

The FN2 is (but that's my opinion) ugly and how I heard from a friend not very tunable at low costs.

The st or the r26 is a little bit hard to decide. When ever I search for a car I want a exotic car. My last one was the RX8 and now a R25 f1. I love the Recaro and the design of the car. And there is no chance in Germany I will see another one often then once a year.

They are just 300 time build here in Germany. The ST is almost in every parking lot

Another point which you should prove is:
    Megane parts are really cheap. A lot of parts are original like the non RS ones.

On the other side for the ST or FN2 should be more tuning parts available and that means lower tuning costs. Like stage 1 Clutch or something.

I would buy the r26. It's something very special and limited. And the yellow is sexy as fuck :tearsofjoy:

If you can't decide, watch other things like insurance costs or nominal fixing cost, Tax, tuning availabilities maybe the mileage, mpg and so on.

5. Haven’t been on for ages Lol, still looking every so often at megane team. Not many for sale now, one on autotrader for £6500 white.