Possible clutch slip advice needed please

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jaysport, Oct 12, 2014.

1. So driving to a mates house Saturday night all driving fine , no issues for 50-60 miles , then randomly I go to pull out and the car feels like the clutch was slipping, as in the engine noise increased as normal to about 4k then climbed but didn't feel like I was going any faster, no warnings or lights on dash
    I left it over night and drove back this morning and seems to be boosting again ok,

any my ideas what it could have been

2. Maybe a bit of wheel spin or if you had a spirited drive on the way and the clutch is nearing the end of its life then the excessive heat could cause a bit of slip. One of my mates had slip whenever the car was hot, we changed the clutch and problem solved. His was on 85k for reference.

3. Cheers for that,
    the drive there was a nice steady pase , as I had the family with me , the only thing I thought it could be is a boost valve or something , as the roads where very wet, possible some moisture got onto a contact somewhere

4. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

I had a similar issue which I fixed my replacing the crank and map sensors. I'd try cleaning them first and see if that helps.

5. Further driving the car today I think it is more clutch issues ,
    how are meganes set up is it a self adjusting clutch pedal ,? I feels to me like maybe the pedal is coming back up properly therefore not fully putting presure on the plate ? Could this be possible

6. Have you checked the spring behind the clutch pedal?, Think they're pretty common for failing or slipping out of place.

7. I have the same issue! :worried: hopefully something little in price... dont really want to buy a new clutch!!

8. emc

emc

Need to check my spring as well, but it definitely feels like the clutch is going. Getting juddering/slipping when shifting and the car has only done 36k miles!!

Got a quote for R26.R lightweight flywheel clutch kit for £1400 fitted.

9. Who from ? Seems high ..

10. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

I fit that set up supplied and fitted for £800

11. Can you arrange gearbox rebuilds? How much would I be looking for for a refresh and new synchros on 1 2 and 3?

12. My mate does gear boxes , mark has used him

13. Could you ask him for a price and how long it'd take him to turn it around.

14. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

Takes him 2-3 days and he's a good chap

15. Return spring on the pedal is a good shout, very common on scenics especially, they pop out of there location and stop the pedal fully lifting, you can remove it and it will still work, do this by pushing the pedal right down and popping it out or relocating it.. Looks like this b4d8dd4d7ac9e919dc2d0320b10b961e.jpg