Positive fuel trim

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Joe R26, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Does anyone know what could cause positive fuel trims on the R26?

Long term fuel trim is currently sitting at +9% from which I can gather is within limits from searching online. However I have since this go up to as high as +15%

Car has DIY itg induction kit and stage 1 map from fastchip.nl.

I don't know weather I'm concerned over nothing or weather I have a potential problem.

Anyone have any experience in this?

2. your setup sounds identical to mine Joe, ill plug in my RStuner tonight and get some fuel trim readings to compare. I had my car booked into Wallace performance to check the AFR's but they've had to cancel my session :worried:

3. Cheers buddy. That would be good. Your long term fuel trim would show as 50 on the rs tuner when you had the new cal file put on. So 50 is your zero point if you like. Then you can work out percentage from this. So a reading of 55 would be +10%. 45 -10% and so on. Be interesting to know how yours compare.

I also need to get my afr checked on the rolling road.

4. ITG filter could supply more freely flowing and denser air hence an increase in fuel there? Also as the fuel system ages and becomes worn the supply will slow so the ECU will adapt to that? Or perhaps your injectors are beginning to block which is causing the compensation?

I though anything upto 20% was acceptable...

5. Yeah I can imagine the engine will be getting more air through the itg and might be compensating for that. The injectors should be clear I had them cleaned a few months ago.

My understanding is if the ecu gets to the point where it can't compensate anymore you'll get a fault code.

As said I just wanted to check really to see what other people thought.

I don't doubt Henks mapping for a second I just didn't know weather something was wrong with the car.

6. After data logging a few runs on the rs tuner I sent the logs to henk just so he could cast his eye over them and he said there's nothing wrong. That's good news!

7. He's a very helpful chap Henk, always patient and efficient whenever I have any issues.

8. I'd still recommend getting a proper datalog done with a wideband sensor. The Megane only runs a narrow band so you can't really tell what the full throttle fuelling is doing

9. Yeah Dan I'm gonna try get to a rolling road this week and get the afr checked. Interested to see what power it makes anyway.

10. Sorry didn't get back earlier mate, read my long term fuel trim using clip and it's sitting at 14.94%