1. Took my pollen filter out today and by the looks of the thing it's never been changed. It also broke when I pulled it out so the question I'm wanting answered and it's a bit of a retarded one . Is it ok to run the car without a filter for the time being until I get another filter?

2. You'll end up sucking more crap through the system and possibly inhaling a load of leaves and crap

3. I'll try and bodge the old one together until I get a new one tomorrow then.

4. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

Leave the fans off
    You'll be fine

5. Will do Mark cheers.

6. It'll be fine running it tbh, I assume you have reinstalled the end piece otherwise the fan will just blow into the drivers footwell.

7. Nah I've not put that back on. Going to get a new filter from ECP tomorrow morning so I'll do it then.

I couldn't believe the amount of shite was in where the filter sits.

8. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

get the hoover out before you turn them back on, i had this and ended up blowing leaves round the car :worried:

9. Yer ram the hoover nozzle in clear it out whilst ur doing it

10. Just went out and done that. Crap
    Everywhere but I had the Hoover at hand.

11. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

cant say i didnt try and ward you lol :smile:

12. Haha couldn't help myself.

13. Interesting.
    I have had 3 full services so far on my RS250

The pedal Box has never moved/been out so how marvellous is that to be able to change the Pollen filter.

Cheers Andy

14. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

Yeah, that's not a remotely fun job to do on a Megane III... Got to do mine on Monday and I'm already filled with "Meh"

15. Daz

Daz

What end piece?

16. You went for it then?

The plastic end piece that "seals" the heater box where it half heartedly clips in.

17. Daz

Daz

I don't recall that! I just remember pushing in the new filter and moving on!

Does it show up on Dialogys?

18. No thats the bit I mean, on the end of the filter.

19. Daz

Daz

Ahhh I see!

I was going to say - mine looked like it had never been touched either so I'd be surprised that something was missing :smile:

20. Had the same experience at the weekend!! Clearly other garage I used never changed it, car looked like Hoover bag had exploded in it :@

21. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

Yep and love it...

uploadfromtaptalk1375467875356.jpg

Its only the '180 2.0T but its fun yet family sensible #winning