Place your bets, how much power will it make?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Steven878, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Kinda puts me off building my engine now, If I am only going to gain 10bhp! maybe a little more on standard cams with my hybrid turbo?

2. You'll certainly notice the difference but thats certainly not what we were all expecting.

3. Wow absolutely gutted for you bud . Did Paul say what you may have got with different cams ? I guess more than 320bhp with the hybrid is just a dream for many of us then

4. I run 320 355 ft lbs with oem cams

5. Daz

Daz

Oooft!

Yep big fat turbo time!

6. That's what I mean Gavin even if hybrids are capable of flowing 350bhp no one has seen anywhere near that when turning up the boost on them :worried:

7. What did it make? His post isn't showing on my phone unless Steven has deleted it.

8. It didnt for me either Steve..."it made 315bhp and 330ft/lbs as the cams weren't matched to the turbo which was killing the power"

9. Ohhh stinger!

10. It was holding all the way till 7300 though which is pretty good. I like the sound of that!!!

11. Yeah deffo! No doubt it will still go pretty well with that power.

12. i was pretty shocked at the power it made and was expecting alot more, but thats the joys of tuning cars! not everthing goes to plan, but ill start saving for a big turbo and fuel setup and try again :smile:

13. What were the numbers the mate

14. What revs does peak power come in at?

15. 1st dyno run when i arrived
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

i reckon this setup would be great for folk doing alot of trackdays.
    there was a tasty looking .R being worked on and should be around 400bhp when finished!

16. The R has been in there weeks

17. The .R is going to be a weapon when finished!
    paul said its just a track slag and never sees the road!!

18. Something aint right there. I am not doubting the map , but the wobbles on the trace shouldnt be there. It should be lots smoother. Did Paul give you an idea on what was wrong ?

19. paul said nothing is wrong with the car at all and everything is working like it should.
    him and specky can only assume the cams aint right for my setup.

not much i can do i guess.

20. Ah shame dude.

that said, its not gona hang around!

21. Its fast, but expected more from the setup.

i thought something was wrong with the car, but paul said everything is spot on and i need a bigger turbo, so as long as everything is spot on im happy.

might change the spark plugs just to see if it makes a difference...

22. Who wins the bingo?!

Anyway, at least it's reliable and above the 300 is the main thing Steve. I doubt the meg even needs more than you have without spoiling it :smile:.

23. Look at that graph your hybrid holds boost at higher rpm. I make my power at 6000 but falls off after that

24. Thats because of the blue spring in the actuator mate.

ill change the lambda and spark plugs just to rule them out. Iv heard these cars run flat when the lambda sensor plays up.

also paul said he was surprised that my car doesnt suffer from compressor surge.

25. lol. Nobody won as it was kinda cancelled, even though the car still made power....just 35bhp less than i wanted. Lol.
    the car is fast! 2nd and 3rd gear are so much fun compared to my old map :smile:

Also paul raised the idle on my car, calibrated the em light for the smf and switched the cat warm up off, so no 5 minute warm ups before i can move the car :smile:

26. Least you know all is running fine mate, next step then mate... Still good power

27. You'll need to bring it along one night mate.

28. Yeah exactly. I have more power than i did and its had a few map tweaks, so im happy enough with it.
    just need to save for a big turbo now. Lol

yeah jamie, text me when your free and ill try and pop along :smile:

29. Will do mate. When is your next weekend off?

30. how much is it to go big turbo from your set up now steve? with the amount of runs on the dyno do you think the heat would of had some effect on the results?

31. The turbo kit is £3000 and the fuel system is around £1000, so pretty expensive, but should guarantee 450bhp.

yeah heat soak was crazy! After a few runs paul left the car to cool as it had dropped about 15-20bhp!

32. im working the next few weekends mate.
    Next weekend off is in 5 weeks :worried: