PistonHeads Megane 265 Article

Discussion in 'Megane Media' started by OiNK, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

It's on the FB page but not here. Good to see!

2. Its a good wee read but imo theres no way any fwd car LSD or not will propel itself out a corner in the wet or dry with the same traction and bonkers acceleration as a well sorted Evo/Scooby

In saying that since Ive had my .R box fitted Ive only done wet track days.

3. See matey boy on there saying his meg was faster than his cayman S point to point.

youve gotta remember scoobys are heavy and have large transmission losses, obviously some high spec evo would wipe the floor in a straight line but std v std I dont think there would be much in it.

4. I drove a group A spec Scooby (mostly standard but stripped and caged) and although it was great fun it had huge turbo lag and was a bit boring in the corners. Plenty of grip but it wasn't as fun to drive. My R26 is great fun to drive, has enough grip in the wet to really get your foot down and always makes me smile.

5. Interesting read this. I agree with some of his points but not all but this is what makes us all different.

I think standard car vs standard car there would not be much in it these days as hot hatch's have caught up to the once great japanese rally cars. Where I still think there would be a difference is once they have been modified.

6. Don't be so sure. I was going to buy a new STi a while ago, test drove it and hated it, body roll was unreal! That said, acceleration from standstill is immense compared to FWD.

Good to see a decent review of the 265, but the megane isn't just your standard hot hatch, compeletely different front suspension set up, hubs lower arms are aluminum to reduce unsprung weight it's put together like a much more expensive car.