265 Pioneer GM-D1004 Issues

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Si Trace, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Hi all,

I've installed the Pioneer plug and play amp on my 2013 RS265 after seeing others on this forum recommend it. At the same time I also installed some aftermarket front and rear speakers.

I have a problem though! because while the headunit always turns on, only 50% of the time do I get any sound, often sound comes on for a second and then cuts (like the amp or headunit has an auto cut out). I can't see any logic when or why it happens. Anyone had similar issues and or know how I can fix?

Thanks

Si

2. Did you get this resolved in the end? Currently having the same issue.

3. I have this happen very occasionally, although not enough to fix it, however if it was a more frequent issue I would take the glove box out and and wire from a switched live on the fuse box using a piggy back fuse into the 12v trigger wire on the Pioneer.

4. I noticed that when I turn on the headunit before entering the keycard and starting the car, everything works fine. When turning on the headunit with the keycard, it doesn't work.
    So for now, let's turn on the radio before starting the car :tongueout:

5. Sounds like the canbus side of it, if it isnt switching the stereo on when starting the car, would double check the stereo loom/plugs. I know some of the bluetooth looms used to fit the amp are from different make and some dont have all the cables in them.

6. For now this is fine with me. Not too hard to turn it on before starting the car.