275 PFC 348mm 2 piece discs

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by RobbieR, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Hi guys, so who is running the MK3 Meg PFC 348mm discs out of interest?

A good sale on at the moment has got me interested in swapping out the OEM’s.

Any feedback on what pads you’re running? Was thinking pair with some DS2500’s ?
    41994e17ab67109f971ceedbfa24aed2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ds2500's are a really old tired compound the are so many better options out there now depending on how you use the car.

3. I' m running PFC 08 compound pads on mine, couple kilo's per disc weight saving over standard discs. I have quite a few cracks on mine, which have not caused any issues.

4. The surface cracks are initially no problem but they will eventually propagate right through u need to monitorbthos very closely. I have been here a few times it's all to do with heat cycles and I have a lot of info on it. Are u running 28mm or 32mm thick rotors

5. I’d assume they would be 28mm on the Megane RS Kit?

I’ve just ordered a set so will let you know when they arrive.

6. I was running an AP set up with 28mm thick discs and brake cooling did help reduce the surface cracking and also extended the life of the rotors but those that had a 32 mm rotor didn't have the same level of issues and it seems to be down to the larger vanes and better ability to dissipate the heat through the larger vane set up.

RobbieR likes this.
  7. Very good, well let’s see how they go. To be fair I’m easy in the brakes, I’ve had no real issues on the factory Trophy discs, but again we have shorter tracks in Australia.

8. Just measured them, 29mm.

RobbieR and arch like this.