Performance gt rear back box delete

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Mick, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Middle box delete will give you some more noise, you could try a sports cat, or cat delete also

2. Someone off here made this video clip really good comparison.

Mick and Mikeyjp like this.
  3. Yes, that would be me. :sunglasses: Guy I know on Instagram also had his back box chopped, while his mate went for the middle box chop. Back box makes a bigger difference according to him.

4. Yes I saw the you tube video which I liked

5. Have many people done this mod. I've done the centre pipe mod which was a big improvement, £200 for the back silencer seems a bit steep. How much weight would you lose with the rear silencer removed.

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

They sound terrible with no boxes

7. I won't bother doing it then, think I may just buy a Decat instead.

Are you still on the stock exhaust even though your hybrid.

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yup stock system with midbox removed and decat. Getting a smaller rear box and larger flexi added soon but ill eventually get a proper system like a CGR, Saying that i prefer the noise of them with the smaller diameter pipes, The 3" systems don't sound that great imo. Not that the F4RT sounds great either way

9. Love the sound of my CGR exhaust with 200 cell cat, full 3” and a much deeper better sound IMO. Much more aggressive without being overly intrusive.

10. I'm torn between getting a cgr or gt performance exhaust. The megane isn't the best sounding car so I full exhaust can seem like a waste, but at what Hp level does the stock exhaust start to be restrictive.