Parts recommendations

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Chris79, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Evening chaps, had an engine light and running issue which I posted about weekend. Started car tonight for the first time since and the eml and spanner symbol are lit but car wasn’t smoking but lumpy on idle so assuming not terminal. I don’t really want to drive the car for a diagnostic so I’m going to get a set of coils plugs and injectors and fit as first port of call. Service history is a little sketchy with the car but I got it for a reasonable price and will be track only so I’d rather just replace these parts anyway for piece of mind. I’m after part numbers and recommended make of plugs, injectors I have sorted but undecided on make of ignition coils. Seen valeo and ngk at reasonable prices and some dirt cheap ones on eBay that promise the world. I’ve looked for beru ones but at £40-50 per coil are a joke. If anyone can offer some solid advice it’d be much appreciated as want to get this sorted before the cambelt change and then I can get it on track! Cheers

2. I have the NGK ones which I considered an affordable "reliable" option over the "no name" super cheap options... My factory fitted Beru ones had cracks running up their backs but no signs of arcing... switching in the NGK ones has made no noticeable difference to cough on idle or running though.