Parts prices please chaps

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Flames, Jun 29, 2014.

1. I have a 55 225 with the cup and lux pack and love it in that stunning Orange which was my final descision not to go to an R26 also there is only the LSD in difference but that's by the by ( may get another R26 too but hush hush to the mrs )
    I could apart from the re-map fit the parts myself barring problems so here is what i am considering

Re-Map
    Intercooler
    de-cat ( not sure on which one yet)
    Jets upgrade ( although depends on cash flow)

Coilovers ( depending on flow) probably adjustable and a good medium quality set
    Dump valve ( although i have heard they are a pain in the arse to fit and quite quite although that suits me better)

Drilled discs at front as person before saved money by putting normals on !

POSSIBLY...a LSD but going to have to sit down and think if i am going to track race much...

So there you go a rough guide please gents. i have a ball park figure in my head but better to get a close estimate from the lads :smile:

2. Remap stage 1 from £250 to £450
    cooler from £200 ish for a winner racing to £450 forge
    de-cat £200 plus fit.....not easy
    injectors around £200-300
    coilovers from Cazaan racing £700 to £loads
    dump valve around £1
    disks £200 ish
    gearbox £400 ish used.

3. De-cat cheaper than i thought .Coilovers surprise me at that price but the rest what i thought...Thanks for your help :smile:

4. No need to go to grooved discs. Solid £90 sets are fine even for track use

5. De-Cat about £400 fitting depending who you call

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

£400 for decat fitting?

LOL, Its a 3/4 hour job, if your being charged that much then your being mugged.

7. Oh, that's what I have been quoted by k-tec, removing drive shaft etc

8. It's a bastard of a job on the 225.

9. Dump valve £1. .?.??

10. it took speccy 3hrs to fit mine at RS tuning, pig of a job

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Its the same on the MK3.

12. I was meaning more along the lines of the added seized bolts.

13. Lol, meant to say £120

14. LOL...Yes i didn't want to mention the '£1 shop' dump valve as i knew it was a mis print...

15. I had dump valve for a year, and got a k-Tec air filter decided to flog the d/v and it still sounds like its on lol so start with a good air filter