Parking sensor

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by Dazman, Mar 1, 2020.

1. My parking sensors have come up as a fault, long beep when starting the car then they do not work.
    Started off intermittent but now constantly broken.
    Anyone else had this? Whats the best way to have a look at them? I am assuming it’s a rear bumper off job, if so anyone know the best way to remove it as I would like to avoid breaking any clips

cheers

2. Get the fault codes read - this will tell you the issue, you can turn them off for now on the vehicle settings.

Dazman likes this.
  3. Did you find out this problem? Mines being doing it for 6 month but never bothered getting it looked at?

4. I did yes, faulty sensor and corroded connector, replaced and now all good.

5. Did you take it to your local mechanic then? Also how much did it cost?

6. No, I scanned and read the fault code which identifies the sensor at fault, got a new one and went to fit it but plug on the loom was corroded, managed to find a connector on ebay and soldered it to the loom, changed sensor and all good.

7. exactly as said, the bit cable coming out sensor are quite long and flap around, over time fail

Clip or similar can identify the particular sensor

after replacing I cable tied all loose wires to the sensors so no more movement