R26 P0235 and limp mode

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by mikeh, Jul 9, 2014.

1. I'm in the middle of a 260 mile.motorway journey and for the second time the car has gone check injection, check esp and gone into limp mode.

Read codes with torque and have a pending fault "P0235" boost sensor circuit A.

Any ideas what I need to be looking at?

2. I'd be checking the two MAP sensors + wiring, one on the plenum/ intake manifold, the other is on the boost pipe, connecting to the throttlebody, behind the battery

3. How does one 'check' them? Boost seems to be reading ok via live data.

4. First off i'd just do a visual check, make sure the wiring harnesses etc are ok, no splits/ worn wires etc. As someone recently had a similar fault to you and it turned out to be the wire on the map sensor behind the battery had worn through.

Then if all ok, try swapping them round, see if the fault code changes at all?
    That fault code does normally mean that theirs a problem with one of the MAP sensors though

5. FWIW, you were spot on - MAP sensor cleaned and it's not reoccurred for 500 miles (after it was popping up every 30 miles or so originally)