Oyster Grey 250 Cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by scoobyr, Apr 30, 2014.

1. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Looking great Andy!

How did you find the cancoat?

I need to get my finger out next year and get mine sorted cosmetically, The paint work is in a pretty bad state at the moment and the whole front end/sills and edges of the rear bumper could do with some paint, All those trackdays have really taken their toll and seeing yours makes me feel bad, Granted mine is a little older haha

2. Cheers Jamie :smile:

I've done the gloss black part of the bumper and the front blade with Cancoat and the wheels, seems very good at the moment, water just sheets off, very easy to apply.

However, the can and spray head itself have been a right pain, first can wouldn't spray at all at first and then got stuck open, replacement worked at first but is very stiff again now, which has put me off doing the rest of the car in case it fails again. Apparently it was a dodgy batch and suppliers should now have new stock.

I'm going to try this next on mine though.

[​IMG]

3. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

Looks great Andy your keeping on top of things nicely.

Cancoat is great stuff but I won't buy it again I have had 4 different cans inc the newest and all block and are unusable after a short period of time.

4. Cheers Ed :smile:

Glad it's not just me then, as you say a shame as Cancoat does seem decent and easy to use.

5. It was a pleasure to meet you at the weekend Andy, your car really does look as great in person as it does in this thread. I had to get the hose out and sort mine out as soon as I got home!

Hoping to get the exhaust fitted this weekend :smiley:

6. Cheers mate, good to meet you too, look forward to seeing it in your project thread :cool:

7. Sweet car and excellent detailing man! Just what are you using for the front and back seats? I'd like to keep them very clean.

8. Thanks mate, usually just give the seats a clean with Auto Finesse Total.

9. Hey Andy! Lovely car and very well detailed, just wondering, did you go with the dark grey or black alcantara? Looking to go for something similar myself in the new year.

10. Hi Jack

It was the dark grey alcantara, goes perfectly with the interior.

I'll email you later as promised mate :smile:

11. Cheers mate, looks wicked! Definitely going on my to-do list! That's fine mate no rush, thank you :smile:

12. In for a service at the weekend with ex-R-Sport man Andy Cochrane.

[​IMG]

I’ve changed back to Elf Evolution 900 SXR again these days.

[​IMG]

Also changed both door check straps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They have been clicking a bit for a little while and was bearable, but more recently it’s been doing a triple click every time I opened and closed the door, driving me nuts! lol

This is the old one, plastic bits have been replaced by metal parts in the new one, so all good now, beautifully quiet opening the door now!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  13. Really nice car Andy attention detail is second to none its nice to see someone look after properly :smile:

14. Wow - attention to detail off the scale there mate :smile:

Car looking great as always though.

15. Thanks guys :smile:

16. Alcantara gaiters with yellow stitching fitted, now watch the steering wheel. Good work by Royal Steering Wheels again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. This works so well, it's the little things that count! great work mate!

18. Did royal where do the gear gaitor? How did you go about the Retrim? Send them your wheel or have them source and supply. Reason I ask is I am really considering this.

looks fantastic.

19. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Looks rubbish

20. Rimstock

Rimstock Banned

Looks brilliant that does

21. Looks lovely. I may get Josh to do my wheel, how's it with wear?

22. Looks good.

23. Looks nice. How much did it set you back?

24. Massive improvement there - looks fantastic.

Does this have yellow belts?

25. Cheers, yes Jack at Royal did the gaiters.

It's done on an exchange basis, details here http://royalsteeringwheels.com

26. Fair enough mate, life would be boring if we all liked the same things, I like it and that all that matters.

27. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

That was sarcasm Andy!

Looks great as per usual

28. Cheers, wearing very well mate, finish and materials are better than factory.

29. Ha, sorry mate :tongueout: thought you were being serious there! :rolleyes::blush:

30. Cheers, gaiters were £25 each, wheel was £125.

31. Cheers mate, yes, has the yellow seat belts.

32. Looking fantastic as always mate. Kinda wished I'd got one of these after the R26 but knew I'd end up modding it

33. Thanks mate, hows the Nissan going?

34. All good mate... Just getting it to my standards slowly.

been to see a few Clio 182 but even for a track car I wasn't happy.

35. Good stuff, saw the steering wheel in the Nissan, looked great.

I guess the 182's are getting on a bit now, hopefully a decent one will turn up soon.

36. how did you manage to change the main two interior lights with the three bulbs in? I have tried i cant seem to move the plastic surround off

37. Gorgeous machine this. Lovely small details too mate top work.

38. Thanks mate, appreciate that.

39. They are quite hard to get off and you need to be careful not to break them, but they will come off. I gently prised them off with a flat head screwdriver.

40. Door straps! So thats the name of the part making the clicking sound! I greased mine up with a brush but hasn't made a difference. I'll have to get a new one