Sponsored By:  

Oulton Park 24th March

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by ianplymouth, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Gearbox has shat itself this morning. Doubt can make Cadwell.
    I really, really hate my car.
    Don’t ever go back to a mk2 Ian......

2. I'm not i love with my mk3 atm, it's giving me some real grief, have had the engine out again, this electrical problem is doing my head in.
    Could end up breaking it if i can't find the problem :rage:

What do you mean it shat itself, the mk2 gearbox's are normally quite good, some i know have and are running big power okay, the mk3 was the weak box

3. Gutted for you guys!

Good news is the 225 box can be picked up pretty cheap, ball ache swapping the diff if you've got the r26 or quaife.

Walk away Ian, go back to it in a few days with a clear head!

4. I bought a 1.9 diesel gearbox, swapped my diff over and worked a treat, was only £69 + delivery.

I have walked away from it at least 3-4 times already, that's why this morning i pulled the engine out once more to have a really good look over it to make sure it's all connected as it should be.

5. What number was on the diesel box?

I was asked at efi if it had the diesel box fitted as the ratios seemed different to what he was expecting!

Take it there's nothing obviously wrong then?

6. Sorry mate
    Just had a look and can't find the details on ebay, was a long while ago, 2015/16 i think.

sure it was ND0008 or ND0000 or something like that.

No nothing obvious, did push a cable through the big rubber bung, so while the engine was out, pulled it out and had a look at the harness, couldn't find any cut wires

So the engine is in and just needs connecting up etc

7. Had a “noise” for a week or so when under power in 4th gear. Something “popped” this morning in motorway and now can’t get into 4th at all.
    Had already booked it into Alex White tomorrow.

8. It'll be the bulk ring then, mine was jumping out of 6th, the parts were silly expensive so that is why i bought a diesel gearbox, was told it was virtually the same and to be honest i never noticed any difference in speed in each gear.

eddie ninja likes this.
  9. Is the diesel one cheaper?
    I’m ok to replace like with like - it’s 13 years old.

10. Yes well it was when i bought mine, think it was less than £100 delivered, has yours got a lsd, if so get it swapped over

11. got to be a duff connector or bent over pin.Got any car electrical guys round you?Before you lose the will to live!Fkn electrical problems are a nightmare.

12. Not that i can see, i'm very careful putting the ecu plugs back in as i know some can be a shite to do, checked every fuse in the car that i can find.

13. I did take the heat shield off at the back of the engine, had to reshape it slightly (will be explained later) so took the engine out to check the wiring behind there, thats where the abs pump is located :rage: as Clip said that there wasn't any communication with the abs, i thought i might have dislodged the plug or something, but it all looks good.

Another thought was the ecu internal battery had failed but apparently it doesn't have one :sob:

14. Going to have to pass on this now.

Hope you get yours up and running in time Ian!

15. I also might have to pass as well, went to Renault this morning and spoke to the parts guy i deal with, explained to him my problem, he said you would be better off going somewhere else to try and sort out the ecu problem :cry::cry::cry:

16. Gutted for you mate!

Seems like a really bizarre one.

17. Its doing my head in, can't get any answers or even any information, if someone say it needs to get reprogrammed at Renault then i would quite happily pay the money, but after my last episode there i don't want to waste my money or time.