Other hobbies Nothing car related

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ianplymouth, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Yes it is a tree fern, bought it about 20 years ago

https://flic.kr/p/2iUCYfe

Also my Kiwi fruit

https://flic.kr/p/2iUFGZS

Agreen likes this.
  2. remeber going to see stargate the film, fkn years ago!
    I think they did a very good job in recasting Star Trek as well.
    The first film in the series is the best one.

3. I thought the second Stargate film was good as well, normally the second one is shite.
    Have you seen "Passengers" it got slated real bad, i think they missed the point, thought it was that good i bought it on Blueray :laughing::laughing:

4. my kids and missus like passengers..certainly wasnt a bad film.
    I did like ARRIVAL and recently revisited CONTACT...both not your average sci-fi films.
    Very clever scripts.

If you get the chance..watch K-PAX...a old kevin spacey film
    .Its probably the best original sci-fi script i can think of

hugely under rated film..

5. dog would argue with you about that mate!...she loves playing ball in it!

6. I have watched "Arrival" a couple of times now, its on again soon, this week i think, it was a strange one to work through.

Will look at the other two cheers.

My wife has 3 dogs two just lounge around the other is a nutter, will chase a ball all day

7. with films like arrival,contact and k-pax..they are so clever ,
    you can make up your own mind of how they end...brilliant scipts.

But as you say...you have to be switched on,or you will miss vital stuff.

TWELVE MONKEYS is another like this....Brad Pitts best performance...and probally bruce willis`s as well.

manugtt likes this.
  8. upload_2020-4-26_22-12-42.png Shall we put in a vegetable patch?.......um..no!

9. seen twelve monkeys, was a long time ago :pensive:

10. 12 monkeys, great film! Love when an ending leaves you with a question! Inception is another that has you questioning what's happened.

You seen the price of dicksonia Antarctica tree ferns these days :fearscream:

11. I have seen the prices, a local plants place has quite a few, think a two foot one was £149 and one half the size of mine was £495.

There is a trachycarpus fortunei at the bottom of the garden, bought it 20 years ago in a small pot, now it's 12ft ish tall

https://flic.kr/p/2iUJRdF

and it must like it where it is these are its seed pods

https://flic.kr/p/2iUEuiJ

Agreen likes this.
  12. There her dogs, the two don't go out, the other she has only been walking out in the park for the last two three weeks, normally its ball throwing around the house of up and down the garden

13. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

12 monkeys, in that film Brad Pitt won my respect. I can see we have a big filmography in the club.
    There is an old film, not great actors or effects, but I´d can´t sleep many nigths when was a child, "The changelling"

14. ahh..the american werewolf in london did the same to me as a kid!

manugtt likes this.
  15. My little sanctuary...
    IMG_3001.JPG IMG_3002.JPG

Poppaboost, ianplymouth and Agreen like this.
  16. that's some collection you have there :sunglasses:

manugtt likes this.
  17. manugtt likes this.
  18. manugtt likes this.
  19. The one on the right of the first picture of the new plants should grow to 1 meter tall :sunglasses::sunglasses:

20. excellent!..like all the 5 gt turbos to!

Devils rejects was another unexpected good film i was going to mention....but i see you have the poster!

manugtt likes this.
  21. Yes man! Have one showcase for figures and other for model cars. Shame my apartment is not big for more posters and else. I need a place like yours!!:tonguewink::tonguewink:

Ian, those plants seems to must be delicate about cares. Where do you make time for cars, plants, family, dogs...? You sleep??:grinning::grinning:

ianplymouth likes this.
  22. manugtt likes this.
  23. The plants don't really need much looking after, just got to make sure there sat i enough rain water through the year, over the winter they need very little water maybe once a fortnight/month.

Re potting them in the spring will take some time, but that will be it for the rest of the year.

Dogs aren't mine, so i don't feed them, clean up after them, or walk them.

Family is just me and my Wife.

We were planning on going to a few Garden shows and the odd bike racing this year, but that's out of the window now, iv'e spent more time in the garden this year than i have in the last 5 years :laughing::laughing:

manugtt likes this.
  24. Yes Leigh! What eye have you! I,ve many pics with that crazy old french. Very kindly.

So Ian, like me. My wife, 2 devil cats and me. I forgot the rain in England! So the plants are no less of water:tonguewink:

Here is a pic of all the showcases...
    IMG_0091.JPG
    No more! Don´t wanna be weary:grimacing::grimacing:

NotaDiesel!!! likes this.
  25. God damn pop heads, my stepson has about 100 of all kinds of those things!

Try as I might, he shows no interest in cars, engineering, gardening..... the list goes on! :weary:

26. It doesn't rain over here, well not much :laughing::laughing:

These plants are inside, they are native to warmer climates, i lost a few plants over the winter due to them being too cold.

manugtt likes this.
  27. Well, I´m only like the "bloody" series or horror films ones. Anyway, most are presents. Be patient Agreen, maybe the time show him the taste of fuel!:tonguewink:

28. Nice model collection.

1:43 Model of a yellow opel manta. Never seen a yellow manta before.

Don't recall many yellow cars in the 80's with exception of ruf 911

manugtt likes this.
  29. Was surprised when you said you had a wife and a model collection.

Used to love mine. Stopped buying when we moved house and the never made if out of the boxes. Got some nice 1:18 models and 1:43. Also got some figures. Big 13 inch high t-800 exoskeleton and Uma Thurman in yellow Kill Bill tracksuit. I thought once about buying a t-800 1:1 skull metal scull thaf was about £600 . Still regret not getting it 20 years later.

Man cave turns into kids room of spare room.

manugtt likes this.
  30. and 20 days of night..now thats a excellent visual film as well.

manugtt likes this.
  31. :grin: Well, she like cinema too, and the best part, enjoy a lot track days in the panic seat. Take my lap times, nag me if I brake too late...Shame she hate metal music!
    Happened similar to me, I had to many model cars and figures for the new apartment and did must to sell or gift a lot of them, and obviously, must to stop buying, that it´s better, more money for fuel!!

Thanks for coments guys:wink:

32. I was just thinking about raking about in the cupboard the other night to find that.

33. I recomen you (if like real cinema of all times) Fiilmin. For 8€/month you have so many films of all kinds. You can looking for director, actor, year...there are film from 1922 no edit in many countrys. I watch one film in work days, weekends 4 or 6. Now, with Covid and no much work I´m watching 3 at day, so worth to me that 8€!

andrewjeffs likes this.
  34. They took a chance with 20 days of night,as no one was watching horror films at the time.
    They really got the atmosphere bang on it this one
    Not to heavy on the gore,and had all the elements a good horror should.

manugtt likes this.
  35. I remember when remake of Dawn of Dead was released in 2004 they played a trailer on TV that was first 10 mins of the film. Scared the living daylights of me. Dead turning to Zombies in seconds & high speed sprinting.

New take for sure.

36. Hand on. Just looked it up......30 Days of Night.

Much worse that extra 10 days. Although I think most people probably eaten in first couple of days.

andrewjeffs likes this.
  37. As I have now reached middle age, I thought it was about time I learnt to play the drums.

Agreen likes this.