Ongoing soft brake pedal

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Henry Simmons, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Hi all, I have an RS 250 track car, it’s a great car but I have had ongoing issues with a soft brake pedal. I have changed all calipers, master cylinder, stainless steel lines all round, Godspeed discs and RC5 pads. It has been bled, flushed, bled with abs running and it is still soft. I run motul 700. Interestingly when handbrake is pulled tight the pedal firms up. Also when pressed to about 30% fronts engage before the back. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I am dealing with here or missing? Thanks

2. Can only really be air in the system somewhere or possibly one of the pistons sticking. From what your saying with the hand brake I’d start by making sure the rear caliper pistons aren’t sticking

3. Have you pressured the system to make sure it isn’t leaking from somewhere.

4. Thanks mate and yes have a good pressure kit, would you happen to know if there is anyway air in the clutch slave cylinder can impact brakes. This has not been bled and I know they use the same fluid etc.

5. Thanks mate, I will recheck this.