225 Oil Pump

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Trophyboy, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Are these worth changing on an engine rebuild? Are they common for failure on the 225/R26 engine??

I've stripped mine down completely to clean up and there's not much to them apart from 2 internal cogs, relief valve & spring and chain wheel.

Can the springs be upgraded?

It's a big cost i could do without on my rebuild but if needs must :weary:

2. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

If you buy a new pump from Renault, they've been "revised" to produce more oil pressure.

If you're going to the expense of rebuilding, I'd 100% replace the pump (I did).

Trophyboy likes this.
  3. Yes, replace the pump, always worth doing on a full rebuild.

Trophyboy likes this.
  4. https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/152012710465

a68bc4a00ad28ad7f7ee69118f895af7.jpg

That's the kit I bought for my own car. Genuine items. The cheapest kit I found. And rapid delivery!

6bd6aede1683cd58caeace4455e95c3a.jpg

Do order the gasket for the chain cover behind the crank sprocket though. (Doesn't come in the kit)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gray and Trophyboy like this.
  5. Fantastic. Thanks for the link buddy. Cheap that as chain kit alone is £75.80 with my discount from Renault.

Are you currently building your engine @Goodwood automotive

6. Yup I had similar prices from renault Wolverhampton... have you bought your timing belt kit and waterpump yet?

Mine wasn't a rebuild but I had to work on all four sides of the engine so I thought best to just pull it out and do as much as externally and if it goes bang in the future, I'll worry and sulk about it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Yeah i tried Renault Wolverhampton myself as Dave looks after me but prices were still high.
    Luckily a good friend works as a service Advisor for my local Renault so I get his staff discount.

No ive not bought the belt kit or pump yet but got prices. Kit is £96.76 and pump is £56.56 but im a bugger for getting a good deal so started looking into it a little deeper haha. Im an mech engineer for a large injection/blow moulding company so started looking at my old genuine pulleys and the markings on them as there injection moulded and came across INA on the plastic bearing rollers.
    I do think that INA make them for Renault and use a different mould to make a run of rollers for them with Renault logo & part number. Could be wrong though.

I've looked at the INA kit in pic below as its only £74 inc cylinder head cam end caps & bolts etc.

Sounds like your having fun mate and much easier to work on the engine when its out. Do you have any other pics as im looking for bolt references as ive sent all mine to the zinc players and will be mixed up when I get them back.

Cheers

Goodwood automotive likes this.
  8. Genuine tensioner vs INA tensioner 17345d1588caf248a91be648b3c90674.jpg d499385f482b76f7d635df9c7508df03.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Trophyboy likes this.
  10. I used a dayco high tenacity belt kit with ptfe lining for my lump

KTB362

3c2931c21bf37c089d4c0e094bb9b547.jpg

There's one for £60 on eBay currently. Although there is nothing wrong with INA even if renault don't use them as first fit components. INA is proper OE on a bazillion other brands so no worries in that department.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/282663622639

Is the £60 kit...^

Oh and bolts for what bits exactly fella?

11. Yeah I've heard good things about the Dayco belts with PTFE lining.
    Very rare belts go these days and not heard of and engine with a snapped belt for a long time. It's usually something else to let go first.

I've ordered up the complete INA kit this morning as It's on offer at Auto Doc along with the Victor Reinze cylinder head kit & crankcase set.

Pics of no parts in particular bud, just a decent pic of each side and can zoom in on certain parts to check bolt heads etc.
    ee9ae1060df3f1be4feff8bacec9d1b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk