225 Oil Leak :(

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by RSMegane225, Oct 10, 2013.

1. So just went out to my car this morning and when I pulled away saw this sitting under the car
    IMG_0163_zps652c6861.jpg

Still havent jacked the car up to see where its coming from but it doesnt look too good. Engine runs fine and there are no warnings on the dash so I really dont know :worried:

Anyone know what it could be?

Also it kind of looks like the UK lol

2. Cro

Cro

That's quite a lot for just one sitting, or has it been there for long? Unless the drain plug came loose or something, just check theres no oil round the turbo and the back of the block

3. is it engine oil?????

4. Just jacked the car up and had a look round where the leak was coming from and noticed that the oil filter was literally hanging off, I mean like really really loose. So ive tightened that up good and solid, and ran the car for 15 minutes with no oil leaks. Going to monitor over the next few days, and the car has been booked in to a local motorsport mechanic to get the once over as I dont feel at all safe driving it anymore!

5. Also the car had been sitting for around 30hours

6. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Jesus. When was your last oil change?

7. I only just bought the car last week. It was given a full "service" by the garage I bought it from, clearly they have no idea what theyre at!! And when I got the car the oil level was way above where it should have been, Its now at just the right level. Maybe the car was fixing itself haha