Oil leak?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by ChrisP, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Hi

Every week I check my oil via the stalk after just starting the car, it had been on around 4 bars up for sometime. However, I went for fuel today and noticed it had dropped down a further bar!

I thought I'd check it manually, and on looking in the bay I can see oil seeping from the standard dump valve (from the top) and also, it seems like it's seeping out the oil cap!

Should I be worried? I change my oil every 6 months, its due to be changed again soon with royal purple performance oil, but with the price of this, I don't want to use it, for it to just disappear!

The car seems to run fine and pulls fine, running stage two, but I have noticed a lot of black speckles on the rear!

Any help would be appreciated!

2. I noticed the same problem yesterday. My car had a service 3 months ago, and now I have only 3 bars on a screen. Leaks not visible, coolant seems to be clear.
    Any ideas?

3. The oil return pipes are prone to leaking. Iv changed the gaskets and its still leaking, so need to change the pipe!